GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Where to buy stock MAF housing?

kbrett11

Ready to race!
Just purchased and received the Unitronic cold air intake from modded euros. My only problem is this intake is replacing my current BSH race intake. While looking at all the parts in the box, I noticed that I'm missing the MAF coupler pipe from the stock intake that fits between the two silicone hoses. Anyone know if the dealer would be able to order this for me?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
You might have to look for a used one, or spend $160+ on a new maf with a sensor. I didn't see anything listed on ECS's website and their oem parts section is usually pretty complete.

kbrett11

Ready to race!
You might have to look for a used one, or spend $160+ on a new maf with a sensor. I didn't see anything listed on ECS's website and their oem parts section is usually pretty complete.

shit...I looked on ebay a bit and I could just buy a used one for like $60 and just take out the used MAF sensor and just keep the housing. I did get the sale price on the intake so this could be murphy's law ruining my money saving. I do feel like unitronic and retailers of the intake should mention needing this part. It's a pretty substantial piece of the intake that they don't provide you and whoever is buying it can be mislead, such as myself. I'm almost positive I have my stock intake lying around somewhere. I'll have to get diggin thru the garage.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
So you need the ABS plastic coupler, not the MAF sensor itself? I may still have my old one in the garage.

kbrett11

Ready to race!
So you need the ABS plastic coupler, not the MAF sensor itself? I may still have my old one in the garage.

Yes, just the plastic piece. Not the sensor.

kbrett11

Ready to race!
I will check when I get home. 99% sure it's on the shelf

You'd be the greatest man that ever lived if you had it haha!

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

kbrett11

Ready to race!

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
This is exactly what I need but not at that price lol. That's almost half what I paid for the intake
You didnt keep your oem parts?

I got a CTS intake which replaced the maf but i keep all my stock parts for times like this.

Yeah it does suck that they are so expensive though.

kbrett11

Ready to race!
You didnt keep your oem parts?

I got a CTS intake which replaced the maf but i keep all my stock parts for times like this.

Yeah it does suck that they are so expensive though.

I did keep the oem parts. However, I'm unsure of where they are currently located and/or if I later decided I didn't need them (like a Fucking fool). I'm doing a thorough search of my house tonight after work. If I don't find it I will gladly pay someone for their old part.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I did keep the oem parts. However, I'm unsure of where they are currently located and/or if I later decided I didn't need them (like a Fucking fool). I'm doing a thorough search of my house tonight after work. If I don't find it I will gladly pay someone for their old part.
Ahh that makes sense. Now that you mention it i think i need to check my shed to see if the box is still in there. (I put my stock intake into the box of the CTS intake)....

Hmm now im worried. Better check later today too lol

kbrett11

Ready to race!
I found it!! Thank freaking Jesus lol. Had it in a box up in the rafters of the garage way in the back. Was about to call it quits and noticed the box and thought "that looks about the size box I put that in" and sure enough it was. Well thank you all for the responses and help lol.