GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the 2.0 TSI ECU Update (Version 2.0!)

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Arin has been telling people they need to put in tickets.

Correct. Our support guys are dedicated to all support calls and support emails. We track the tickets to spot trends and keep a running record of customer details to make sure we can provide the best possible service. If you have an issue, email our support guys (support@goapr.com). We'll start a 1 on 1 dialogue with you, and get you the help you need!

ahard48

Ready to race!
Correct. Our support guys are dedicated to all support calls and support emails. We track the tickets to spot trends and keep a running record of customer details to make sure we can provide the best possible service. If you have an issue, email our support guys (support@goapr.com). We'll start a 1 on 1 dialogue with you, and get you the help you need!

Just out of curiosity, as I am in the "numbers" field for work. Is there any estimated numbers of how many support tickets have been logged, in process of working on, and completed tickets that are out there? Like a log, pivot table, or running chart APR has? Maybe raw statistical number may show APR is slowly working on things. But without evidence, this thread is just going to continue to grow...

I happen to have an old version 1 tune (acquired with purchase of 2nd hand GTI) and happen to be running fine, so no complaints on my end, sorry fellow GTI guys...

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Just out of curiosity, as I am in the "numbers" field for work. Is there any estimated numbers of how many support tickets have been logged

I asked our tech support guys how many unresolved tickets they had related to our MK6 software. It was less than 10 out of the xx,xxx we've updated to the latest version, and fewer have provided further information needed to help diagnose the vehicle.

Interesting trend: Discovering leaks in the intake / PCV and charge pipe system, where once resolved, has quelled issues. I believe a customer spoke about this on here several pages back.

DontouchmyGLI

Passed Driver's Ed
Bumping this thread. I am about to get the v2.4 after being on v1.2 for years. Waited for the dust to settle before pulling the trigger. Now for the people with boost fluctuations I know some have pointed the gain on the PID controller but I also remember the 2200 rpm hesitation people were reporting a while back, me included. It was more noticeable with the A/C on. Could those two problems be related?

Anyway hope the update won’t give me the same problems.

FriggenT1

Banned
Bumping this thread. I am about to get the v2.4 after being on v1.2 for years. Waited for the dust to settle before pulling the trigger. Now for the people with boost fluctuations I know some have pointed the gain on the PID controller but I also remember the 2200 rpm hesitation people were reporting a while back, me included. It was more noticeable with the A/C on. Could those two problems be related?

Anyway hope the update won’t give me the same problems.

How much is the update?

Noodle1

Ready to race!
I asked our tech support guys how many unresolved tickets they had related to our MK6 software. It was less than 10 out of the xx,xxx we've updated to the latest version, and fewer have provided further information needed to help diagnose the vehicle.

Interesting trend: Discovering leaks in the intake / PCV and charge pipe system, where once resolved, has quelled issues. I believe a customer spoke about this on here several pages back.

Take all my money just plz make my car burble, i dont get that when its cold the rev hang is gone and the car burbles I guess it just runs rich for the first 10 min or so I wish we could somehow have that all the time who cares about mpgs.

CHerna

Ready to race!
Take all my money just plz make my car burble, i dont get that when its cold the rev hang is gone and the car burbles I guess it just runs rich for the first 10 min or so I wish we could somehow have that all the time who cares about mpgs.

Get a Stratified tune with crackles. You can have all the burbles, crackles, and pops your heart desires with with your right foot. :D

Noodle1

Ready to race!
Get a Stratified tune with crackles. You can have all the burbles, crackles, and pops your heart desires with with your right foot. :D

I need to pay for a new clutch, maintenance and college tuition, dont really want to shell out another 5-6 hundo

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!

Thanks for dropping the email address. I need to make a short video documenting the drivability issues, and I'm always wary of web-based support forms, so having a direct email address is much more assuring.

DontouchmyGLI

Passed Driver's Ed
Well guess I won’t be getting the update. APR can’t flash through the obd because my initial tune was with the old method of cracking open the ecu. I thought that once you were tuned all subsequent updates could be done with port flashing anyway. I don’t want to see my ecu molested again and there is always the risk of bricking it. Can’t believe APR doesn’t have the technology to do it.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Well guess I won’t be getting the update. APR can’t flash through the obd because my initial tune was with the old method of cracking open the ecu. I thought that once you were tuned all subsequent updates could be done with port flashing anyway. I don’t want to see my ecu molested again and there is always the risk of bricking it. Can’t believe APR doesn’t have the technology to do it.

Who told you this? I got Stage 1 the old way and pretty sure Stage 2 and other updates were done through OBD.

FriggenT1

Banned

I got my UM tune after I've had 2 open ecu tunes from DM, and I also have flashed my ecu probably 40 or 50 times with eurodyne before the UM tune too....so what you were told was BS.

DontouchmyGLI

Passed Driver's Ed
Who told you this? I got Stage 1 the old way and pretty sure Stage 2 and other updates were done through OBD.

Tuner got an error message when trying to apply the uodate. APR was able to see the flash attempt and told me that ecu had to be cracked open a second time and then obd port flashing would be possible. I know it doesn’t make sense...

Jaber

Modero
Tuner got an error message when trying to apply the uodate. APR was able to see the flash attempt and told me that ecu had to be cracked open a second time and then obd port flashing would be possible. I know it doesn’t make sense...

IIRC this has happened to a few people on here.

FriggenT1

Banned

See if a different tuner can flash it