GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Where to buy VW DG Springs?

GTItheIllest

Ready to race!
Where is the best/cheapest place to buy VW DriverGear springs? Ive been searching and cant find anything. Thanks! Cant wait to get them

Last edited:

GTItheIllest

Ready to race!
Yeah i saw that. May have to get in. But is all the mounting tools NEEDED or optional? I thought when you get springs all you need is the springs themselves

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
You should read this thread. It has more info than you ever wanted to know about DG springs. http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12098

New bump stops are cheap, but I personally probably wouldn't worry about replacing them just because they have been trimmed down.

Why are you switching out your Eibach Sportlines? Did you not like the Koni STR.T shocks? I'm guessing No, since you're switching your setup to DG springs and stock shocks.

GTItheIllest

Ready to race!
You should read this thread. It has more info than you ever wanted to know about DG springs. http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12098

New bump stops are cheap, but I personally probably wouldn't worry about replacing them just because they have been trimmed down.

Why are you switching out your Eibach Sportlines? Did you not like the Koni STR.T shocks? I'm guessing No, since you're switching your setup to DG springs and stock shocks.

Yeah, i spent like 2 hours reading that entire thread and thats what influenced my decision to get the DG springs. The sportlines looked nice and handled good but dropped it a little much for me. Sags a bit in the rear. The koni str.t's actually suck though. The ride did not improve at all, it got a little worse in fact. Ive only had them on for a 2 weeks. Long story short, the ride still sucks after doing all this. The DG's provide exactly what i want and you can use oem dampers!

I will be putting the konis and eibachs on the classifides for sale in a few days

Stinger

Ready to race!
Is Keffer no longer supplying aftermarket parts? I just got off their website which doesn't show anything other than VW parts ... Anyone knows where else I could find DG springs?

sh0ebox

Ready to race!
Is Keffer no longer supplying aftermarket parts? I just got off their website which doesn't show anything other than VW parts ... Anyone knows where else I could find DG springs?

Go to www.keffervwparts.com and search the part number you are looking for.

2 door Manual, 2.5, GTI, or TDI = 5K3071677A
2 door DSG, GTI or TDI = 5K3071677B
4 door, Manual, GTI or TDI = 5K4071677A
4 door, DSG, GTI or TDI = 5K4071677B

Stinger

Ready to race!
Thanks and done! Should get those soon...

Is there anything else I need beside the DG springs and the Bilstein struts (adding Powergrid links in front)?

PlaidDad

Ready to race!
Thanks and done! Should get those soon...

Is there anything else I need beside the DG springs and the Bilstein struts (adding Powergrid links in front)?

Various opinions on re-use of various on-time bolts, etc. Near unanimity on need to replace front strut bearings.

Interested in the Konis, why didn't you like them? Am poised to buy those with DG springs and H&R sways. My other option, cheaper to be sure, would be to keep my OE dampers with 23k miles.

Mk6_Matt

Ready to race!

Just had my DG installed. Love them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PlaidDad

Ready to race!
Deutsche Auto Parts has them for the same prices as Keffer. Since I bought the TT strut mounts at Deutsche, I ended up getting the DG springs and all the one-time use bolts and strut bearings as well.

GTiMKVI

Passed Driver's Ed
Are DG springs with APR or Eibach SB still the best combination for the MK6 GTi or has VMR taken over?

The reason why I’m asking is that I cannot find any place that sells DG springs for a 4 door DSG, and because a lot of the suspension thread talk ended ended a while back.

My main goal is to keep a comfortable ride, while improving handling and overall steering feel. Sometimes I feel like the car is a bit wobbly and not as grounded as I would like.

Currently have an APR ECU flash, and Tyrolsport Deadset Kit (Front and Rear). Looking to add VMR 710 18 x 8.5 and possibly an intake. I’m really big on handling though, so I want to improve that without sacrificing comfort. Think it’s a good alternative to getting another car (Have owned the car for 7 years and only have 61k miles on it).

Thanks for your input.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
I wouldn’t get too hung up on what springs to use. If you can’t find the exact DG springs you want I can’t imagine you’d be unhappy with any of the name brand choices. It’s rare to see anyone complain about their VWRs, H&Rs, Eibachs, etc. Grab a set that gives about a 1” drop and pair them with Konis or Bilsteins and you’ll have a nice riding, great handling car.

I went with Eibach Pro Kit springs and Koni Sports. I chose the Eibachs because TireRack.com (forum sponsor) had a great price on them bundled with their swaybars. An unexpected bonus with the springs is that Eibach threw in a brand new, matching set of bumpstops for the front and rear that preserves enough suspension travel for a smooth ride, as well as including a new pair of rear dust boots.