GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECS Tuning Shipping Sucks Balls - A Bedtime Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

McQueen77

Banned
I ordered some coil packs, spark plugs and a gay VW key chain from ECS Tuning on 5/15, 10 days ago. The items were all 'in stock'. Since I had not yet received the items, I checked status online and it said "warehouse transfer, estimated ship date 5/29-5/31". Are you kidding me?

If items are in stock, how can it possibly take this long to actually ship the items? Not like the items were shipped and UPS ground is taking forever. Nope, the little ECS gnomes are just galavanting around the warehouse and juggling my fucking coil packs without shipping them. "ooooh, heehee, tralala, shall we ship ye order today, or shall we not?? tee hee, trala la, oh what fun we have in the warehouse! round and round ye sparkplugs go when they ship nobody knows, tralalalala!" Stupid fucking ECS warehouse gnome bastards. Ridiculous. Warehouse transfer is ECS translation for "We took your money almost 2 weeks ago, deposited it into an interest baring account with all the other poor bastards who are waiting for their 1 lb item to be shipped to them and currently have no intention of shipping you your shit anytime soon. Cost = $12. Because we have a nice looking website, all you dipshits keep giving us your money."

Things like this drive me insane. Minute, minor ways that you just get greased up and silently reamed all while paying to do so. "So, how does this transaction work again, I give you money and you don't give me my shit for weeks?" "Yes, but we have a lot of shit for your fancy German shitbox". "Sounds great!"

Just google 'ECS Tuning Shipping Sucks' and marvel at all the threads. I ordered something from them once before and it took ages to arrive. I have emailed them requesting status so it will be interesting to have some drone who makes -$5 p/hr and lives in a courtyard apartment next to an Applebees in Wadsworth Ohio tell me what 'warehouse transfer' means exactly. Yeah, ECS is located in wadsworth. Wadsworth. Must be totally awesome there. Maybe they are only able to ship things from Wadsworth via horse and that is why its.. oh nevermind, it hasn't actually shipped yet. So I'm trying to get a mental picture of this. The coil packs and spark plugs are in a box, on a shelf, in a warehouse in Wadsworth. They were paid for 10 days ago... Doesn't some guy just have to, you know, SHIP THEM?! Just give them to the guy in the brown shorts driving the brown van and be done with it.

In before #heybroneverhadaproblemwithECStuningLOL guy... "hey bro just take it easy, I ordered my smoked tails and plastidipped TT-RS ball harnesses from there and got them in like 2 days!" ... "Hey bro just take it easy, I work in a warehouse... no one understands how hard it is.. First of all theres the forklift.. and then, we have to wear these velcro back braces.."

Final verdict: Its a good thing I didn't need these items while I'm still in my mid 30s. If you need parts to actually make your car run, buy them at the dealer. When you factor in shipping and getting shafted by warehouse gnomes with GED's in Wadsworth, its not worth it. "But hey bro, where else am I going to buy some ultra-gay stainless steel 'GTI' door sill covers??"

Stop buying stupid crap for your car.

Last edited:

McQueen77

Banned
Sidenote: The official definition for warehouse transfer is: A Warehouse transfer records the transfer of inventory to a new location within a warehouse, from a warehouse to another location, or between warehouses within a company.

Now if that isn't grade A, major league bullshit, I don't know what is. Translation, guy with GED in Wadsworth walks down to one end of a warehouse, grabs your items, realizes its only 10 minutes until lunch and sets your item down in a totally random location on other side of warehouse, thus losing your item."

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
Damn. Was gonna order a WALK from them that id need in cali by june 28 as a friend is visiting and will bring it for me. Maybe look somewhere else now.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
That sucks, but your perspective was great :bellyroll:

Unfortunately I've never had a problem with ECS though.
Since I live in lower Michigan....everything usually shows up the next day automatically.

But yeah...I'd be pissed if it said it was IN STOCK and didn't show up though. That's usually the reason why I order from them....because I know I'll get it quicker than from anywhere else

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
Cool starry...lol.

The good thing about ECS is that they have never charged my card until the stuff has actually shipped. Shipping has been slow and expensive for me in the past but Customer service has taken care of me a couple times.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
i stopped buying from ECS years ago. Their shipping has always been a ripoff, even if the costs have improved, plus im in cali so it always took at least a week.

and good to see Lou back to his old self..

Ilyaamex

Passed Driver's Ed
Dude, my guess warehouse transfer means they don't actually have your items in the warehouse available for shipping. They're getting them from a different warehouse (maybe their distributor?) first and once they have them they will ship them.
I get it, it's frustrating because it said "in stock" when it's not (or got sold out from under you), but you're just bashing the company for no good reason. Call them and find out what their terminology means and when your stuff will be shipped instead of bitching about it on here.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
They have USPS shipping now, but I too have had a few times where it says in stock and its not. To sum it up.... McQueen had a gay ole time with ECS.

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
I've never had an issue with ECS :iono:

They even shipped me new Rdash plate lights for a year old warranty claim before I even packaged and sent the old ones...

Noob_2.0T

Go Kart Champion
ECS has there ups and downs. Seems like every other day I see a post or thread about them. I only had one issue with them and it was partially my fault.

Sent from my fingers using Tapatalk

McQueen77

Banned
Im going to do a live chat with them now to see whats up.

SFvalleyGTi1

Go Kart Champion
thats funny, I ordered some motor oil and filter from them around noon PST, and around 6 PST they had it shipped via fedex. Packaging was really nice, the oil was ziptied in heavy duty bags and lots of padding...

Status
Not open for further replies.