GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eds R20 Black 10 LED bi xenon headlights Coding?

ajyuster

Ready to race!
Hey i just installed the Eds black 10 led Bi-Xenons and i have a bulb out message. It says front right and left are out. I have DRL off right now because when i used halogens i didnt want them.

What do i need to do to get the bulb out error off

and

How to Run Led as drl's .

IF anyone can help me out on this id appriciate it. I dont have access to VAG com so i need to know options before i find someone with it.

Thanks

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Yes you need vagcom and you need to code correctly to get rid of the bulb out errors. The lights don't have a drl circuit so it is not finding the bulbs on it - regardless of whether you have drl switched on or off.
The gen 1 headlights sales thread should have all the info you need.

JayGTD

Hi, I am also in the same predicament. I am planning on purchasing a set of VACAR's projectors with the 15 LED's for my halogen mk6 and they said i may need to code out DRL bulb errors. I have had a look around, currently it seems like this will do the trick but sometimes it doesn't work:

With standard Golf GTI Tail Lights
1. Change Byte 24 to E4
2. Change Byte 27 to 24

With Golf R LED tail lights
1. Change Byte 18 to 04
2. Change Byte 24 to E4
3. Change Byte 27 to 24

I have the R tail lights

Jay

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Hi, I am also in the same predicament. I am planning on purchasing a set of VACAR's projectors with the 15 LED's for my halogen mk6 and they said i may need to code out DRL bulb errors. I have had a look around, currently it seems like this will do the trick but sometimes it doesn't work:

With standard Golf GTI Tail Lights
1. Change Byte 24 to E4
2. Change Byte 27 to 24

With Golf R LED tail lights
1. Change Byte 18 to 04
2. Change Byte 24 to E4
3. Change Byte 27 to 24

I have the R tail lights

Jay

Be careful - make sure you get right hand drive compatible version. Most are only for left hand drive cars.

Your coding will be different (byte 18) are you should have the rear fog light on the right side.
If you have the LED tailights as standard on the car you may not even have to change byte 18.
You also should look at the coding for byte 14 and 15 and 19. Look at the sales threads for Ed's lights.

JayGTD

Be careful - make sure you get right hand drive compatible version. Most are only for left hand drive cars.

Your coding will be different (byte 18) are you should have the rear fog light on the right side.
If you have the LED tailights as standard on the car you may not even have to change byte 18.
You also should look at the coding for byte 14 and 15 and 19. Look at the sales threads for Ed's lights.

Yep! Got a set of RHD's from vacar, just need to send em the money

Ahh, that's great! Thanks for the help, I'll give it a look. I really hope it doesn't take too much coding to get them working. Maybe down the line I may also do the wire trick to get the LED's to function as both DRL and parking lights, but I want to get them working first

Jay