GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CTS Turbo Downpipe review

BatmanProject

Passed Driver's Ed
I bought a CAI and a cat less DP from CTS and they both fit perfectly. I considered them to have amazing products.

Avant

Ready to race!
I can vouch for CTS.. Clay was pretty prompt with what I asked.

I also have a buddy that has all CTS K04, intake, and exhaust and it seems like everything's fine (didn't hear of any install problems).

Also guys I guess this may be a time to ask: what do you guys recommend for intakes/exhaust then if not APR? Unitronic/SPM?

Gti207

Ready to race!
I just stumbled across this thread. I installed had this dowpipe installed at Renners and the O2 sensor was the biggest issue. The hangers were fine. I also bought from modded euros, did your dp have a cts turbo plaque on the midpipe section? Mine did not. Also, did you ever hear back from modded euros or CTS? I'm concerned there may have been counterfeit products distributed.

tmenzz

Passed Driver's Ed
It's interesting you say that because no, mine did not. I'm gonna send an email to cts about that. Sounds a little fishy.

Modded euros pretty much ignored all my emails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avant

Ready to race!
They still haven't responded? Thanks for letting me know where to not take my business.

Gti207

Ready to race!
That's disappointing on modded euros part. I was reading an earlier review on the cts tbe and in those pictures there was a cts badge on the midpipe section. Maybe it's only included on the full turbo backs? Did you have issues with the O2 sensor up against the heat shield?

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
Mine has a badge on the reducer section on the downpipe. I do not have a full turboback. It was crooked though haha

Gti207

Ready to race!
The spread in quality for these down pipes is too high. Did you have any issues with the O2 sensor coming quite close to the heat shield?

tmenzz

Passed Driver's Ed
No everything else was fine with it, but needing a torch to align the hangars was ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
No but the flex piping used to hit the heat shield and it sounded horrendous. Never had issues with the sensors hitting. It leaks like crazy though.

And of course there were the hangars which were beyond off haha

Gti207

Ready to race!
Yeah that is ridiculous. My main concern was that O2 sensor but after some hammering away at the heat shield it clears it just barely. Also the OP bought from modded euros as did I and didn't have the cts logo on the midpipe section either which is strange. I love how it sounds and after a Chicago winter it still looks new at least.

Gti207

Ready to race!
No but the flex piping used to hit the heat shield and it sounded horrendous. Never had issues with the sensors hitting. It leaks like crazy though.

And of course there were the hangars which were beyond off haha

Where did yours leak from? I had a small leak where the main dp section connects to the cat.

Jaber

Modero
Interesting.

When people questioned APR exhaust. They at least chimed in.

When someone questioned some welds on Unitronic, they at least chimed in.

When someone complains about a vendor directly in a thread. They usually chime in.

Unless no one is firing off their complaints. Surprised to not see someone from CTS or ModdedEuros and explain themselves or give some kind of response.

I would expect this kind of questionable fitment and finish on an eBay product or no name company.

Sounds like there's a batch that skipped QC. Even if you have a shop install it. They're still working by the hour, on your dime. So you're footing the bill for them to monkey stuff together.

Sent from my iSuperior, expect typos, mathematical errors and inaccuracy.

Gti207

Ready to race!
Interesting.

When people questioned APR exhaust. They at least chimed in.

When someone questioned some welds on Unitronic, they at least chimed in.

When someone complains about a vendor directly in a thread. They usually chime in.

Unless no one is firing off their complaints. Surprised to not see someone from CTS or ModdedEuros and explain themselves or give some kind of response.

I would expect this kind of questionable fitment and finish on an eBay product or no name company.

Sounds like there's a batch that skipped QC. Even if you have a shop install it. They're still working by the hour, on your dime. So you're footing the bill for them to monkey stuff together.

I agree with this 100% I'll be contacting CTS directlty tomorrow. As far as modded euros is concerned, this incident makes me question buying from them again

Jaber

Modero
I agree with this 100% I'll be contacting CTS directlty tomorrow. As far as modded euros is concerned, this incident makes me question buying from them again

Indeed.

Even if CTS is giving them the cold shoulder. They should at least keep the customer updated. Cause it's always possible CTS is also giving them a bunch of bull and to remain professional, they're keeping quiet versus bashing them.