GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FrankenTurbo F23T Review and build thread.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Today is the day! Lets see how much I can max out of this turbo.........

:mad0259:
Oh dammit when I saw you posted I thought it might have been a dyno graph already. Looking forward to it!

If I wasn't heading out of town I'd join you, about time for another AU visit for me anyway.

Avant

Ready to race!
good luck chris!! e85 ftw man

also i was very curious.. your LPFP has some AEM stuff in it right so essentially custom? how does that fit in with making it work with the tune? is it just a map change?

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Hoping to car can get on the dyno today. Injectors are being installed right now but not sure if they'll have time to put it on.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Awesome!!! Lets see how this compares to W/M... I'm almost done setting up on my end.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Well good news it the injectors work. We didn't have time to dyno but looking at the numbers doing street logs I have a lot of room now on the fueling side.

Next week the car is going to go back up on the dyno.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Awesome!!! Lets see how this compares to W/M... I'm almost done setting up on my end.

Right now the car feels good especially since I'm making more power than I was before but on less boost. We're hoping to bump it back up to 24 psi and see what happens. Crossing fingers but Dave is hoping in the 360 whp world. that would be more than a FWD street car needs but figure my car is a FrankenCar now so might as well keep trying random crap and see where it goes.

Doug has been pushing me to do W/M from day one but I had to try something different hahaha. Sorry Doug. #sorrynotsorry.

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
Right now the car feels good especially since I'm making more power than I was before but on less boost. We're hoping to bump it back up to 24 psi and see what happens. Crossing fingers but Dave is hoping in the 360 whp world. that would be more than a FWD street car needs but figure my car is a FrankenCar now so might as well keep trying random crap and see where it goes.

Doug has been pushing me to do W/M from day one but I had to try something different hahaha. Sorry Doug. #sorrynotsorry.

I'm likely gonna go the WMI route at some point

Turb02

Ready to race!
So how much for these new injectors and how much of a recalibration is needed on the tune, for them to be efficient? In for before and after dyno numbers.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
I'll list all part numbers etc once it all comes together.

The ZZPerformance Opel injectors specs say that they flow 135# hr.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Dude thats a breakthrough!! frankenturbo's and big turbo guy's are going to be so much quicker now, props!!!

Well that's all Dave at AU Tuning who did the research finding these injectors. Right now they seem to work so excited to see what happens once we start tuning.