GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GIAC tuned??

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
Anybody ever returned an APR tune?

also really surprised. i thought the APR stg1 was like a gift from the heavens when i got flashed from stock.

Jaber

Modero
TBH. Any tune is going to feel like the gifts from heaven, compared to stock :lol:

To truely compare tunes, you'll need to experience each one personally, or compare it to those with other in your area.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
I have APR stg1 and would really like to try out GIAC stg2. Does anyone know if they have any financial considerations for people cross shopping tuning brands? will they give me a break at all or is it pay full price for stg1&2 if switching?

Muerte_X

Passed Driver's Ed
I have APR stg1 and would really like to try out GIAC stg2. Does anyone know if they have any financial considerations for people cross shopping tuning brands? will they give me a break at all or is it pay full price for stg1&2 if switching?

I think the best you can hope for is to buy a tune during a sale. It doesn't hurt to ask the tuner, but I'm going to guess that you'll pay full price...

For what it's worth, there is supposedly an update for APR stage 1 and 2 tunes being worked on...

soze

Go Kart Champion
Regular pump GIAC stage 1 & 2 got updated too? How did you find out they updated the file?

Muerte_X

Passed Driver's Ed
Regular pump GIAC stage 1 & 2 got updated too? How did you find out they updated the file?

I don't believe Stage 1 received an update, but for Stage 2 the pump file and race files were updated.

They posted it on Facebook and on Vortex, I really don't know why they didn't here. :iono:

I think someone in this thread linked to the Facebook post a while back

Avant

Ready to race!

If you have a dealer close to you then maybe it's worth it. E-mail austin@giacusa.com / sales@giacusa.com and see if they can work something out for you. If you decide to switch then make sure you get it during the sale doe.

basco

Passed Driver's Ed
^ Yes - they have great service ;)

baniels

Ready to race!
Stepped up to Stage 2 yesterday. A 5 hr round-trip to Lichty Auto in Waterloo, IA. Great service there. One of very few options in Iowa for any flavor of tune.

It was almost a year to the day since getting Stage 1 there last spring.

I always read how stage 2 was (almost) all in the top end. Now I know what everyone is talking about. It's like a new car above 4,500 rpm. It's begging for redline at every gear.

Curious to see what/if I notice anything when I get rid of the stock intake (hopefully) next week.

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
Intake made a big difference on my top end. Take a look at the IE intake. Awesome piece

Added FMIC and boost pipes and now my car almost feels naturally aspirated haha. It's so smooth

jgarcia1925

Go Kart Champion
Most def would look into the the IE intake. I was experiencing some weird engine hesitation, that went away with the stock intake and definitely went away with the IE intake

Sent from my distraction device

baniels

Ready to race!
Thanks fellas. That is encouraging to hear. I ordered IE intake 2 weeks ago. It looks like a nice design.

Patiently waiting as it is still backordered. I was told it would be 1-2 weeks, so I'm hopeful for a tracking number this week.

Most def would look into the the IE intake.

Take a look at the IE intake. Awesome piece

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Anyone know if giac has a "safety feature" that when you quick/power shift from 3-4 it hesitates to accelerate? Or something similar to that? Other question, can anyone confirm the differences between the original stage2 file to the new stage2 file? Only the regular pump file, not the clutch buster. Much better or not much difference?