GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GIAC Stage 2 "Clutchbuster" dyno

Muerte_X

Passed Driver's Ed
Wow very impressive. Thanks a lot. Super excited for this

Thanks! You'll love it, it's a huge difference over stock.

I found some other similar videos and did these little mashups. The timing isn't perfect, but it's fun to see the difference. Now, obviously these are different days/conditions/locations, so take these with a grain of salt...;). Bench racing at it's finest :p

You might have to reload the page a couple times to get them to actually load at the same time.

GIAC Stage 2 clutchbuster (my posted vid above)

vs
Stock mk6 DSG
http://youtubedoubler.com/g6q1

vs
Revo stage 2 DSG
http://youtubedoubler.com/g6q3

I even found a stage 2 mk7 manual (I have raced a stage 2 GIAC manual and beat it, so it's not that far off)
http://youtubedoubler.com/g6pG

Last edited:

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
Thanks! You'll love it, it's a huge difference over stock.

I found some other similar videos and did these little mashups. The timing isn't perfect, but it's fun to see the difference. Now, obviously these are different days/conditions/locations, so take these with a grain of salt...;). Bench racing at it's finest :p

You might have to reload the page a couple times to get them to actually load at the same time.

GIAC Stage 2 clutchbuster (my posted vid above)

vs
Stock mk6 DSG
http://youtubedoubler.com/g6q1

vs
Revo stage 2 DSG
http://youtubedoubler.com/g6q3

I even found a stage 2 mk7 manual (I have raced a stage 2 GIAC manual and beat it, so it's not that far off)
http://youtubedoubler.com/g6pG

haha thats a great way to compare. I've driven a stage 1 mk7 and the videos are showing these are similar. Let the part ordering begin. Giac summer sale ends at a perfect time! :thumbup:

ryry

Ready to race!
I'm currently on the 91 pump 204 file and there is a noticeable power increase. I raced my friend's APR stage 2 gti and was able to pull on him easily.

FL_GTI

Ready to race!
I'm currently on the 91 pump 204 file and there is a noticeable power increase. I raced my friend's APR stage 2 gti and was able to pull on him easily.

Is "204" referencing the Stage 2, Ethanol tune? If so lolz

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion

Really? Wow. I considered getting the 204 file when I got tuned, but decided against it. I'm getting an RSR clutch put in soon, though, so I might just get the 204 anyway.

Sent from my iHipster

Avant

Ready to race!
Really? Wow. I considered getting the 204 file when I got tuned, but decided against it. I'm getting an RSR clutch put in soon, though, so I might just get the 204 anyway.

Sent from my iHipster

You might as well! 'Tis a free update.

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
You guys with the 204, do you cruise around in the e40 race mode all the time or is the 91 octane enough. I'm a little skeptical about the fuel line corrosion

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
You guys with the 204, do you cruise around in the e40 race mode all the time or is the 91 octane enough. I'm a little skeptical about the fuel line corrosion

I've been running full tanks of e40 on the race file about every other fill up but sure others are running back to back tanks on e40. I burn through the entire e40 fill-up tank till about the 1/8 fuel gauge mark...then fill up with 91, switching back to the pump file, and burn through the entire 91 tank. Using the GIAC switcher is relatively simply. Plug it in, turn on ignition, press 'read', press desired state...Pump or Race, press 'read' again and turn off ignition then unplug switcher.

Also, RotoryKnight is on an e50 tune on his F23T in which he has to run e50 all the time. :clap:

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
I've been running full tanks of e40 on the race file about every other fill up but sure others are running back to back tanks on e40. I burn through the entire e40 fill-up tank till about the 1/8 fuel gauge mark...then fill up with 91, switching back to the pump file, and burn through the entire 91 tank. Using the GIAC switcher is relatively simply. Plug it in, turn on ignition, press 'read', press desired state...Pump or Race, press 'read' again and turn off ignition then unplug switcher.

Also, RotoryKnight is on an e50 tune on his F23T in which he has to run e50 all the time. :clap:

Alrighty I don't have much to worry about. Thanks for clearing up on how the controller works. Can't wait holy crap haha

FL_GTI

Ready to race!
Do you even know brah?

Unfortunately I do not have the ability to run an ethanol blend with my software vendor at current. Thusly, I am envious as well as curious to the productions of GIAC patrons. Merely keeping informed, brah.

Muerte_X

Passed Driver's Ed
There was a dyno day yesterday, I went just for fun.

This one was a dynojet, 280whp and 367wtq. :D

Sorry for the crappy picture, they should be sending me the graphs soon, i just took a quick pic of the screen.

There were 2 other mk6 GTI's there. One with the same tune, DSG. Did 260whp and 350tq. and another stage 2 did 230whp(a local shop tuned it, it could've been a custom tune, or possible unitronic, I don't know) He said he did 240whp at their shop.

So on 2 different dyno's (and types of dynos) months apart, still running strong. :D These pulls were less than a min apart and in 100°F + weather at midnight!, (AZ summer is brutal)

FL_GTI

Ready to race!
There was a dyno day yesterday, I went just for fun.

This one was a dynojet, 280whp and 367wtq. :D

There were 2 other mk6 GTI's there. One with the same tune, DSG. Did 260whp and 350tq. and another stage 2 did 230whp(a local shop tuned it, it could've been a custom tune, or possible unitronic, I don't know) He said he did 240whp at their shop.

So on 2 different dyno's (and types of dynos) months apart, still running strong. :D These pulls were less than a min apart and in 100°F + weather at midnight!, (AZ summer is brutal)

Very impressive numbers.. I'm assuming your car spins in third with this much torque at ~3500 RPM, is it manageable or overkill? Ran any K04 cars? What clutch are you running? Comparison to prior, I'm assuming stage 2 setup?

Edit: Saw OP 3" Catless DP, stock catback, APR intake, RSR Clutch.

Sorry for all the questions, but it has me thinking...