GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Got a couple big boxes in the mail

And test fit my wheels. Can't decide which is better.

If you can't decide I would just go with the ones that are easier to clean lolol

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Phur

Autocross Champion
It was just car wash day at my house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jcarollo765

Ready to race!

Damn nice clean engine bay. :cool:

How did you clean it and what did you cover?

Phur

Autocross Champion
Thank you.

I just used an air compressor followed by a wash bucket full of chemical guys mr pink and finished off with a light misting of the hose and dry with the air compressor.

I didn't cover anything I was just careful and conservative.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Was pulled over and given a warning for expired registration...whoops lol

The last time I registered it was in 2015 and I had it registered for 2 years. I thought I had a couple months left, but I forgot it goes by my moms birthday since she cosigned for me. I've had an expired tag since jan 29 lol

It worked out though...I was on my way to do a job at a clients house and there was a dmv less than a mile away. There was nobody in line too, so I was in and out in just a couple mins. Now I'm good til 2019 again.

My brother (drives a WRX) couldnt pass inspection for emissions due to a stupid evap related issue, he couldn't afford to front the money to fix it... registered his car every year but always got a fresh failure and drove it around. always would show the cops his failure, and they'd let him go with a verbal because they all said "well that's stupid". As long as he was registered (aka the state got paid) they didn't mind letting him go.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Thank you.

I just used an air compressor followed by a wash bucket full of chemical guys mr pink and finished off with a light misting of the hose and dry with the air compressor.

I didn't cover anything I was just careful and conservative.

wish i had your sense of adventure. really need to clean my bay. well done, sir.

IAtegeler

Ready to race!
found a set of eds option 1 headlights with an HID kit for $150. kicking around buying them just hate that they don't have DRL

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
Did anyone put on their summer tires yet?

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion

Nice job on the engine bays, something so many people overlook when cleaning their car. Here's mine after 6 years.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Keep it in your cleaning rotation. If you don't let it go too long it's not that bad. My wife's Jetta is 11 years old with ~ 140000 miles. The staining on the engine cover was already there when we bought the car seven years ago.

Last edited:

feedingthesickness

Ready to race!
Picked up my car from the shop after an RSR/flywheel install today and immediately stalled it lol. Grab point was right off the floor with the clutch stop so took a washer out.

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Picked up my car from the shop after an RSR/flywheel install today and immediately stalled it lol. Grab point was right off the floor with the clutch stop so took a washer out.

I did the same when I first got my new clutch too. After break-in the grab point goes back to normal. lol

feedingthesickness

Ready to race!
I did the same when I first got my new clutch too. After break-in the grab point goes back to normal. lol

Its so different im having trouble getting out of first lol. Just needs to break in though!