GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
We have a number of engineers working on tunes. It can take a few days to build the maps and adjust them as each goes through a review person where we look at them and adjust.

Your suggestions are valid about a reply confirmation. We haven't had emails disappear but I am going to put together a confirmation email that will include common Q&A and I hope soon to have a more "real-time" update of tune status. Still working on this implementation.

In the meantime, hope everyone has a great holiday and we do have a sale running during the next 5 days. Check the details out on our page and FB

https://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php
https://www.facebook.com/StratifiedAutomotiveControls

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Damn I forgot all about IE. That's looking the best to me right now. Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

No problem! I like how simple their kit seems to be and performs like all the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeez

Ready to race!
Has stratified tuned anyone on a 3 bar map sensor?

I asked Alex but he said I wouldn't see any benefit. This is probably also the reason my boost never exceeds 23 PSI in the AccessPort.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
@Alex,

Do you guys take into consideration ground elevation for each tune? I would imagine someone living at sea level would need something slightly different than someone in Denver.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
@Alex,

Do you guys take into consideration ground elevation for each tune? I would imagine someone living at sea level would need something slightly different than someone in Denver.

i think thats why they do the maf calibration (free with any tune) as a way to make sure it running properly.

You can get the data log refinements and they will try and get the most/safest performance with some back and forth logging.

I elected not to do the data log refinements and they replied to my yesterday about my logs saying everything looked good and the MAF was working well with the tune.

SirClimax

Ready to race!
We have a number of engineers working on tunes. It can take a few days to build the maps and adjust them as each goes through a review person where we look at them and adjust.

Your suggestions are valid about a reply confirmation. We haven't had emails disappear but I am going to put together a confirmation email that will include common Q&A and I hope soon to have a more "real-time" update of tune status. Still working on this implementation.

In the meantime, hope everyone has a great holiday and we do have a sale running during the next 5 days. Check the details out on our page and FB

https://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php
https://www.facebook.com/StratifiedAutomotiveControls

This is such a great deal... I wish I wasn't strapped for money because of moving right now as I need a dv+ before getting a custom tune.

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
i think thats why they do the maf calibration (free with any tune) as a way to make sure it running properly.

You can get the data log refinements and they will try and get the most/safest performance with some back and forth logging.

I elected not to do the data log refinements and they replied to my yesterday about my logs saying everything looked good and the MAF was working well with the tune.

Thanks man. I went with the refinement to help get the tune dialed in better.

Laimface

Ready to race!
Went to the strip today. Fastest run was 14.14 @102 mph. I have a 5 door manual. My 60ft is dog shit so plenty of room for improvement! Now to get my data logs done to refine things!

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
Has stratified tuned anyone on a 3 bar map sensor?

Yup reading the 3bar MAP is not a problem at all. Our development car runs a 3bar MAP sensor. However until COBB releases a revised version of software that eliminates the 2.5bar boost TARGET limit we are not able to target or request higher than 2.5 bar. This is well on its way and under testing right now so this should be dealt with shortly.

@Alex,

Actually the ECU is quite smart this way. It measures barometric pressure as well as exact air mass ingested via the MAF sensor (self compensating for altitude). So it is always adjusting based on barometric pressure as well as ambient temperature.

UberFast

Ready to race!
Yup reading the 3bar MAP is not a problem at all. Our development car runs a 3bar MAP sensor. However until COBB releases a revised version of software that eliminates the 2.5bar boost TARGET limit we are not able to target or request higher than 2.5 bar. This is well on its way and under testing right now so this should be dealt with shortly.

Actually the ECU is quite smart this way. It measures barometric pressure as well as exact air mass ingested via the MAF sensor (self compensating for altitude). So it is always adjusting based on barometric pressure as well as ambient temperature.
Awesome just what I was wanting to hear!

UberFast

Ready to race!
Anyone running one of ATP's stock location gt turbo kits? I'm seriously thinking about going that route instead of k04. You can get a stock location gt3071r with required elbows, lines and install hardware for under $3000. I'll be doing my own install on everything so labor is not a factor. I would just get Stratified to tune me on a stock rod safe file on stock fueling giving me room to grow in the future with rods, injectors, w/m and so on. Stratified do you have any thoughts on that? Is that something you think you could make a decent tune out of? I could also change the gt3071r for a gtx2867r for a little more.

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
Anyone running one of ATP's stock location gt turbo kits? I'm seriously thinking about going that route instead of k04. You can get a stock location gt3071r with required elbows, lines and install hardware for under $3000. I'll be doing my own install on everything so labor is not a factor. I would just get Stratified to tune me on a stock rod safe file on stock fueling giving me room to grow in the future with rods, injectors, w/m and so on. Stratified do you have any thoughts on that? Is that something you think you could make a decent tune out of? I could also change the gt3071r for a gtx2867r for a little more.

I haven't actually tested the ATP kits so unfortunately I don't have an opinion on the exact kits. I do know quite a bit about the turbos. My recommendation for this engine size is the 28 series - the GTX2867 is an excellent turbo. Let me know if you want to go this route, we are ATP dealers and can get a bundle for the tune and turbo for you together.

UberFast

Ready to race!
Awesome, thanks Alex. I'm going to try and ask a few questions over on the BT thread before I make a final decision. Hopefully I don't get eaten alive lol. It's a big investment and I want to make sure I know exactly what I want to do before committing.

UberFast

Ready to race!
I haven't actually tested the ATP kits so unfortunately I don't have an opinion on the exact kits. I do know quite a bit about the turbos. My recommendation for this engine size is the 28 series - the GTX2867 is an excellent turbo. Let me know if you want to go this route, we are ATP dealers and can get a bundle for the tune and turbo for you together.
I sent you a pm alex.