GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Not exactly a big turbo setup but I want to share my compound install (K04/GT45) on this forum, should be running in a couple of weeks.

Good lord! Works great with diesels but have never seen anyone try this on a petrol car. One turbo feeding the other. How are you cooling the output of the first turbo?

Charles@NGP

Ready to race!
how do you guys feel about this?? ive been using the amsoil european formula for quite a while now and just got an email on this stuff..

https://www.ecstuning.com/News/Audi...olkswagen_Liqui_Molygen_Oil_09062017_TR_24998

I just want to know what group of oil this exists in. Liqui Moly has in my experience put out some very good oil, so I'm hoping that this isn't just snake oil (no pun intended ;) ). I've heard rumors that ECS had a hand in this oil, but I am seeing it available worldwide, so that may be incorrect.

I used to use Liqui Moly Leichtlauf exclusively (this new Molygen looks very similar based on the spec sheets) but have now switched to the higher grade Synthoil Premium. This isn't to say that I don't like the Leichtlauf 5w40, it's awesome oil and I will still highly recommend it. We were just out of the Leichtlauf when I built my engine this past winter and the Synthoil Premium was on hand. When building an engine, I will stick with the same oil to maintain consistency.

I'm very curious if it has the same anti-wear characteristics and deposit removal/prevention of the Leichtlauf.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Received my Turbozentrum EFR 7163 today. Although this is destined for my MKV FSI motor it would also be a good choice for Golf R folks. What makes this one unique is the custom integrated exhaust manifold which creates a factory like fit with of course much greater power potential. My target is 500whp. The design allows you to retain and use the downpipe you already have assuming you have an aftermarket downpipe already. Anyway here are some pics.

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
I just want to know what group of oil this exists in. Liqui Moly has in my experience put out some very good oil, so I'm hoping that this isn't just snake oil (no pun intended ;) ). I've heard rumors that ECS had a hand in this oil, but I am seeing it available worldwide, so that may be incorrect.

I used to use Liqui Moly Leichtlauf exclusively (this new Molygen looks very similar based on the spec sheets) but have now switched to the higher grade Synthoil Premium. This isn't to say that I don't like the Leichtlauf 5w40, it's awesome oil and I will still highly recommend it. We were just out of the Leichtlauf when I built my engine this past winter and the Synthoil Premium was on hand. When building an engine, I will stick with the same oil to maintain consistency.

I'm very curious if it has the same anti-wear characteristics and deposit removal/prevention of the Leichtlauf.

yea thats what i was looking at as well.

I also like to be consistent and havent used anything but Amsoil when breaking in my new motor to this current day a year later using their red bottle european formula.

i know its still pretty new but if itll help in the long run id be down to switch possibly

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Does anyone have experience with the Beach Buggy Turbo kits? Specifically the K430? I believe it is a Hybrid K04. I dont see very many people with them and at $1,565 for close to 400whp.... seems to be a good deal.

drakore

Ready to race!
I almost bought one but they were horribly unresponsive. Although, they seemed to have stepped up their customer service game by hiring someone to handle communications

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
I almost bought one but they were horribly unresponsive. Although, they seemed to have stepped up their customer service game by hiring someone to handle communications

Yea, they seem to be responsive now. I just PM'ed them on facebook and they responded within an hour. Although I also e-mailed them and never got a response.

drakore

Ready to race!
Yeah it didn't used to be that way. I sent that guy like 5 messages and never got a response. I ended up going with a DBV2 hybrid instead.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Yeah it didn't used to be that way. I sent that guy like 5 messages and never got a response. I ended up going with a DBV2 hybrid instead.

How are you liking that turbo? Do you know around how much power you have? Stock engine?

drakore

Ready to race!
Isn't installed yet. Been too busy and I'm still trying to figure out who I want to do the tuning. My engine and fueling are stock. I can send you my dyno graphs when I'm done if you're interested

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Isn't installed yet. Been too busy and I'm still trying to figure out who I want to do the tuning. My engine and fueling are stock. I can send you my dyno graphs when I'm done if you're interested

Please do! I didn't see a hybrid turbo option on their website. What are you hoping to get in terms of power with it? Also a hybrid K04? And the big question, how much did it cost?? (If you dont mind me asking).

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!

Joveen

Ready to race!
Received my Turbozentrum EFR 7163 today. Although this is destined for my MKV FSI motor it would also be a good choice for Golf R folks. What makes this one unique is the custom integrated exhaust manifold which creates a factory like fit with of course much greater power potential. My target is 500whp. The design allows you to retain and use the downpipe you already have assuming you have an aftermarket downpipe already. Anyway here are some pics.

Hurry up put that bad boy to work.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk