VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum -

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-18-2018, 04:15 PM   #15
Go Kart Champion
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 38
Originally Posted by furykicker View Post
Discharge pipe? I'm not it the same as a down pipe? Which one did you end up purchasing?

DV relocate kit, how does that work?

Thanks for your reply!

Discharge pipe is the pipe that’s on the outlet side of the turbo connecting to the Intercooler. You replace the “pancake” pipe that comes stock and is very restrictive. Resulting is smoother unrestricted airflow out of the turbo.

The Diverter Valve relocate kit is made by Unitronic. It removes the DV from the actual turbo and places it right before the throttle body which in turn prolongs the life of the DV and better boost levels and throttle response.

Both of those mods are simple and with some basic knowledge and tools you can do them in your driveway. Do some research here on the forums and you’ll find out a lot of info regarding specific parts.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fradooooo is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.