GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ARM Catted DP + CEL

davcohen

Ready to race!
Needing to take my car to the dealership for the Manifold recall, hopefully its actually covered if not by the recall under the 5yr/ 60k powertrain warranty as its a 2013 but in service date started late 2014 and it has only 38k.

Anyway I specifically chose the ARM Catted DP to avoid any issues with the CEL, I had it fitted at a local shop who owed me a favor and within 25 miles I get the CEL for post cat, I had them install a new factory gasket as a precaution at the time it was installed.

After reading a few peoples posts it appears that I gotta check everything is bolted up tight or I have to get a spacer, just wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue with a catted DP?

Wondering if this will pull the sensor far enough away to cancel out the CEL?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N1272YM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3FAG29GGXU06M&psc=1

smanierre

Autocross Champion
If it's a high flow cat you'll still get a cel, either need a spacer or the OEM exhaust probably

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
no mater if its catless or catted it will throw a CEL either get a o2 spacer to try avoid it for the time being. but either way you will need to get a tune for it eventually

Noodle1

Ready to race!
i have a tune to get rid of the cel, i throw in the spacer when its time for inspection and go back to stock tune, while im on the stock tune i noticed if you take it easy and dont do many aggressive pulls, you will not get a cel.