ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
intermittent fasting. really doe.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Our gym shut down, so we got a bench and freeweights that are now in my son's bedroom and closet. (thank you, college) So I will no longer have to drive for 30 minutes just to work out. That can be tough with my work schedule on top of school. I'm good at setting limits for myself and sticking to them. I assure you the irony is not lost on me. :D

also, far from huge. $9 for only 8.45 fl.oz. I wouldn't have gotten a large jug, because... muscles?

Phur

Autocross Champion
I've thought about intermittent fasting, but I don't imagine my wife would like it much. I get really bitchy when I'm hungry. Plus I would worry about it interfering with school.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
ah right I'm getting myself confused. I don't think I have a big understeer problem really. Like you said it's just going to be trial and error.

Yeah I hear you on driving other peoples cars. Offers there, I want someone smarter than me to drive it eventually and tell me what's up. Right seat would be cool though, I will dial it back with a passenger

You’re damper settings greatly affect the amount of grip and the balance of the car. Too much of compression, rebound, or both and the car will wash out either end unpredictably. Too little and it’ll be a flying couch or a pogo fest. Just be patient and go through the coilovers setup guide I sent you. After your alignment drive it on the street carefully with the compression at a click or two above minimum and the rebound a click or two above minimum. Feel it. Take note of how it rides and corners. Be careful it’s going to be shit. Now increase more compression to like halfway. Leave the rebound. Drive it. Take note of what it did. Then take it a few clicks back from full compression. Drive it. Take note of how it feels. Now bring the compression back down to a few clicks above minimum. Switch to increasing the rebound in the same manner you adjusted compression. Take note how it feels and how the ride and handling change. After you go through all that, then you’re ready to start dialing it in. Follow the walk through. It’s going to take time. You’ll be frustrated. You’ll get the hang of it.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
I went to Walmart and got a sanding block, 1500 grit, 2000 grit and 3000 grit wet sandpaper. (The 3000 is slightly padded) I have CG V36 and V38 polish. The V36 says that it will take out 2000 grit scratches. There are still a few stray scratches though. I ran out of daylight. It drove me nuts to be out in it today because there are holograms on that side because I wasn’t finished. It evidently wasn’t too bad, my wife didn’t say anything.

I watched this video quite a while ago... I feel like Larry knows his shit.
https://youtu.be/4a_CtBCQfIs

Then I watched this one and said, “Fuck! [emoji15]If they can hit it that hard, I’m fine.”
https://youtu.be/Dw0IewFVyWs

I followed the technique in the Ammo NYC video. It just needs some more refining. The pores of the polishing pad may be clogged. I’m going to clean it out before I hit it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting videos. I don't know man, I'd be too afraid of sanding through the clear. I'll stick with my Porter Cable.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Interesting videos. I don't know man, I'd be too afraid of sanding through the clear. I'll stick with my Porter Cable.

Same here. But, using a high enough grit and checking often enough should eliminate the chances of that happening.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
You’re damper settings greatly affect the amount of grip and the balance of the car. Too much of compression, rebound, or both and the car will wash out either end unpredictably. Too little and it’ll be a flying couch or a pogo fest. Just be patient and go through the coilovers setup guide I sent you. After your alignment drive it on the street carefully with the compression at a click or two above minimum and the rebound a click or two above minimum. Feel it. Take note of how it rides and corners. Be careful it’s going to be shit. Now increase more compression to like halfway. Leave the rebound. Drive it. Take note of what it did. Then take it a few clicks back from full compression. Drive it. Take note of how it feels. Now bring the compression back down to a few clicks above minimum. Switch to increasing the rebound in the same manner you adjusted compression. Take note how it feels and how the ride and handling change. After you go through all that, then you’re ready to start dialing it in. Follow the walk through. It’s going to take time. You’ll be frustrated. You’ll get the hang of it.
Yeah I saved that and will use it. This weekend is going to be frustrating lol.

I just got to RCA. There's a ton of tuning shops in this little business district they are in. Never heard of any of them really but they are right next door to eachother. Probably 6 total.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah I saved that and will use it. This weekend is going to be frustrating lol.

I just got to RCA. There's a ton of tuning shops in this little business district they are in. Never heard of any of them really but they are right next door to eachother. Probably 6 total.

You heard it boys, jay is bored in the waiting room frantically looking at his phone to keep himself busy. Start posting up.

clownish

just clowning around
I'm running -2.2 front and -1.9 rear atm. No toe. Seems to be okay. Very high compression on my coils about 7/8ths - I should probably tone it down but I'm also trying not to hit fender at all at full turn lock/compression/speed. With all the suspension mods the car is very neutral so I'm pretty happy with how it drives TBH. "driven in anger"

On race fuel its a monster. I was shocked at how fast its hitting the rev limit in 2-3-4-5 to be honest. I blasted out some huge clouds of smoke at the top of 4-5 because I wasn't quite expecting to hit the top so fast. Scared myself for a second

Status
Not open for further replies.