GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW remote

fatty@golfmk6.com

Go Kart Champion
this is a new one.
http://www.bold-sport.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=43_44_55&product_id=96

My sister has something similar for her bmw. Basically she can plug the key in, and take the other half out ( for this one it's gonna be just the buttons), and lock it from outside while the engine is still on with the key in. when she comes back she can just unlock, plug it back in and go

seems interesting to me

Last edited:

ahhduma

Ready to race!
interesting

but now, when someone smashes into your car, they can drive off with it too

that said, i leave my house remote clicker in the car (house-garage door unlocked), and only carry my car key around. lightens the pocket

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Why would you want to lock your car from the outside with the motor running?

dragonslayer33101

Ready to race!
whats new??? thats how they come...if you ever buy a new remote that is how they come shipped and then they put them together at the dealer

omgturbo!

Go Kart Champion
I could see this a useful for warming a car up in the morning. But a window won't stop a car thief.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

sth1d

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm a bit paranoid about garage door openers. I mean, someone can break into your car, get your address from your registration, and take your remote. I'm actually using the keypad remote that came with my garage door opener, so at least there's a 4 digit passcode.

Why not build homelink into the keyfob? The keychain remotes are still too big.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
You seperate them to replace the battery in the remote, the key portion, or the remote portion and that's it. They are not meant to taken apart and put back together regularly.

fatty@golfmk6.com

Go Kart Champion
Why would you want to lock your car from the outside with the motor running?

to prevent people from breaking into your car. there is still a chance that someone is gonna break your window and hop inside... but i'm planning on using this as an early winter morning helper.

koolgreen

Ready to race!
I used to do this with the valet key, but now the effin lock is covered by that idiotic cover and I can't use it unless I pry the thing off.............