GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

18x9.5 ET35 or ET25 Fitment ?

torga

Autocross Champion
For good performance, I'd advise 235 tires for those wheels, minimum 225. Don't do 205 or 215 like the people doing crazy stretching are. That's only for rolling around slowly and avoiding potholes - you'll be putting yourself in danger doing any performance/spirited driving with that kind of stretch.

I've got 18x9.5 +35 with 235/40 in the rear, but it's honestly too much camber for me, even with rolled fenders. I'll be going down to 18x9 +35 in the near future with the same tire size.

Edit: I'll expect your response in about 17 years, considering you're communicating from Sirius B.

Last edited:

SHABAZZ X

Passed Driver's Ed
For good performance, I'd advise 235 tires for those wheels, minimum 225. Don't do 205 or 215 like the people doing crazy stretching are. That's only for rolling around slowly and avoiding potholes - you'll be putting yourself in danger doing any performance/spirited driving with that kind of stretch.

I've got 18x9.5 +35 with 235/40 in the rear, but it's honestly too much camber for me, even with rolled fenders. I'll be going down to 18x9 +35 in the near future with the same tire size.

Edit: I'll expect your response in about 17 years, considering you're communicating from Sirius B.

Thanks for the response guy :thumbsup:

Is your setup square or are you running a different size in front?
How low are you and how much Camber are you running front and back?
did you have to pull fenders or just roll? any adjustment to the liners?
how much rub do you experience in hard cornering?

P.S we have swift communication from this side of the galaxy due to our more advanced black hole data parse technology. so no slow responses. ;)

torga

Autocross Champion
My setup is staggered. Upfront is 18x8.5 +45 with 225/40. My plan is to run a square 18x9 +35 w/ 235/40 setup.
As of now, front is at about -0.5° to -1°, rear is more like -3°. With the square setup, im going to have front and rear at -1° to -1.5°. I'm about 24.5" FTG at all four corners.
No liner adjustment and no pulling - just rolling. I never, ever rub.

SHABAZZ X

Passed Driver's Ed
My setup is staggered. Upfront is 18x8.5 +45 with 225/40. My plan is to run a square 18x9 +35 w/ 235/40 setup.
As of now, front is at about -0.5° to -1°, rear is more like -3°. With the square setup, im going to have front and rear at -1° to -1.5°. I'm about 24.5" FTG at all four corners.
No liner adjustment and no pulling - just rolling. I never, ever rub.

Excellent! sounds like you've got a sick setup in the works. Thanks for the perspective guy :thumbsup:

torga

Autocross Champion
No problem, that's why we're all here together!

SyDiko

Ready to race!

+1

I just recently purchased 18x9 (fronts and rears) +35 wrapped with Nankang 225/35. Its a good mix of stretch/performance.... Unfortunately, this setup still needs rolling/fender pulling.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Got my wheels on over the weekend. As stated above 18x9 +35 all the way around. Only the front fenders needed a roll/pull. I haven't adjusted the coilovers yet, but it sits pretty nice currently, just need to drop it about 1/2 inch in the front.

There is some poke, but I was going for the wide-wheel look. They semi-tuck in the back with just a bit of negative camber... I'll post more pictures when I get the coilovers dialed in for a cleaner look.

-

-

Front Wheel
-

-

Last edited: