GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
so looking at modding potential for the tiguan... might try a steering wheel upgrade to see if i can get paddle shifters to work. from what i have read it can be done.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Don't tiguans have a slushbox though?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

yeah but from what i have read they retrofit does work with a new wheel and some VCDS magic. i can use the tiptronic without having to take hand off wheel to tap the shifter. in theory.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Great! This was our first close one. Where we are relative to downtown usually protects us from tornados. The buildings and the heat that comes off the city tends to break up most severe weather.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Here’s the path relative to our house. Still a few miles away, but a little too close for my comfort.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Need more pics of that meth tank. Where's it being mounted?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It’s going in the factory battery tray alongside the compact battery. You’ll notice the tabs on the tank that will allow it to clamp to the tray using the factory bracket.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
It’s going in the factory battery tray alongside the compact battery. You’ll notice the tabs on the tank that will allow it to clamp to the tray using the factory bracket.

Pretty welds.

Hope you have a good dentist tho. I hear meth rots your teeth.

On a srs note - glad to hear you dodged the tornado!

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
SCCA AX this weekend went better than last weekend with TSSCC... but not as well as I'd hoped.

I was at least "in the mix" with the times... but I also figured out with certainty that my car is WAY too stiff. Went for a ride in a buddy's box-stock Cayman S and in the very first turn it was 100% obvious. My car, I'd have to be pretty timid, had to be gentle on the GO pedal because the car was literally on 2 wheels in spots through the turn, bouncing and hopping. His car? He was f**king WOT through it. I could barely even tell there were bumps in the pavement by comparison.

The more I tried to push my car, the slower I got, as the faster I went, the more air I seemed to grab lol. Left frustrated. Headed straight up to Road America to hang with some friends, get a night away. Cleared my head by Sunday afternoon after entertaining the idea of making some heavy suspension changes to the car to soften it up for AX. Pretty sure I'm just gonna leave it alone. Being up at RA for the day pretty quickly reminded me where I truly want to focus - and it's not the parking lot stuff. I really enjoy it and like the intensity and focus for $45 but I need to keep my car where it is so when I hit the track (the stuff I care about more) it's ready to go.