GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Digital lcd Cluster retrofit

Hi everyone!

Common to a lot of new cars of course are full lcd screen displays for the gauges. Which of course gives opportunity for maps and media. I’ve been doing research into possibilities of making one for my golf mk6. Unfortunately I’ve come up with no conclusive information saying I can. Rather there are no good tutorials on how to do it on YouTube. Does anyone know if it’s actually possible to make one. As well as make it intergrated into Apple car play for maps and media.

(Golf mk7 digital cluster)

Thanks in advance for any responses!

zug

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi everyone!

Common to a lot of new cars of course are full lcd screen displays for the gauges. Which of course gives opportunity for maps and media. I’ve been doing research into possibilities of making one for my golf mk6. Unfortunately I’ve come up with no conclusive information saying I can. Rather there are no good tutorials on how to do it on YouTube. Does anyone know if it’s actually possible to make one. As well as make it intergrated into Apple car play for maps and media.

(Golf mk7 digital cluster)

Thanks in advance for any responses!
Are you specifically trying to retrofit the mk7.5 digital cluster or just any cluster (even non VW)? I don't think this would be easy but that doesn't mean I wouldn't try it. I would gladly give it a shot but I can't even find where to buy one of those clusters and how much they cost.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

corydd

Go Kart Champion
I think you're going to have a really tough time retrofitting one to the Mk6. Even the Mk7 guys are having trouble retrofitting these from the Mk7.5. Of the people who have tried it, they can get it turned on and the speedo working, but most other functions like nav, media, and diagnostics are still a clusterfuck. I think I've only seen one person do it successfully and it took a lot of time and trips to the dealership.

That being said, it would be awesome to see one in a Mk6, so if you're pretty technical and don't mind it taking a while, I say go for it and good luck.