GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY poor mans WORKING auto pop trunk hatch

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
That's when they realized the price for the trunk pop kit isn't really that bad.

On the other hand, you can buy those pistons for $15 each at Mcmaster...Just need to figure out the Pressure needed as there are lots of options..

4D17HY4

Ready to race!
I don't understand. It's the same motion, the same angles. Why is the pressure any less?

Also, the only reason you'd lose an inch is because the bracket is inverted. I can't imagine how you'd lose 3-4 inches unless the piston doesn't fully extend - and why would that happen?

ick

Ready to race!
I don't understand. It's the same motion, the same angles. Why is the pressure any less?

Also, the only reason you'd lose an inch is because the bracket is inverted. I can't imagine how you'd lose 3-4 inches unless the piston doesn't fully extend - and why would that happen?

Physics

Swarm1424

Passed Driver's Ed
Did this yesterday and it works pretty well. I love it actually. Sometimes it wont go, last light it was a little cold and I couldn't get it to work but like80% of the time it works so props to the op Its really cool. Id be interested in getting better pistons if they are cheap so there's a little more pressure. But all in all definitely worth the 10min job. Do it, totally no issues with rubbing or Clearance issues at all

4D17HY4

Ready to race!

Vincevw3291

Worked fine

I did this 2 weeks ago, MK6, and it worked that day 85+ degrees. When it cooled off it stopped working so I just ordered the spring stops from ECS for around 20 shipped and BAM, every time. I didn't turn the struts around and have no rub problems.
Great! Thx!

trigger_storey

Ready to race!
I did this about 4 months ago and it's worked every single time no problem. I also have no scratches, damage etc. The only thing I don't really care for is the difference in force it requires to shut versus stock.