GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DD brake pad suggestions

Still the same question remains what pads to fit.

And let's stay real, a serious BBK is 2 to 4k. ;)

Btw, Endless pro stuff is much more expensive. The MA45Bs are about 1k. :yikes:

1k for pads.... The price for these pads are so ridiculous that they must perform extremely well, or else how are they still in business right?
Correctly me if I am wrong, but even with the endless pads on the OEM calipers, its not comparable to BBK.

i know right.... I mean boxster BBK haha... but even that will be around 1k...

My EBC should be here tmr or tuesday. Let me report back once I swap them on Saturday.
I've been thinking about the boxster kit as well, but I decided to maximize the OEM first and see where that brings me.

Yes on Tyrol kit. These are classfied Semi-Metallic (Ceramic Carbon Mettalic)

They wear very well.

I ordered from vividracing - I had to wait a few weeks for them - came from Japan. You can also order from Endless direct. The U.S. branch is here on the West Coast. http://www.endlessusa.com/#!contact-us

Great street pad.

I went with Golf R calipers and started going to track days. So now I use HPS 5.0 on the street which are great for street and HP+ for track which I REALLY favor. Even though the HP+ pads can squeal when driven at regular daily driving and even though they are dusty I "almost" like them so much that I am tempted to run them all the time.

so now you are using R calipers with HPS pads for daily? how does that compare to OEM gti with endless? any reason why you swap to R calipers?

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
1k for pads.... The price for these pads are so ridiculous that they must perform extremely well, or else how are they still in business right?
Bear in mind pads like the MA45Bs are real pro stuff, close to F1 technology.
Many teams in endurance racing run them as they last longer compared to
less expensive but otherwise similar pads. If these pads last a complete 24h
race you'd happily spend the money. Endless seems to be the highest regarded
supplier in endurance racing like the ALMS.
However, there are also some track junkies running them on their M3s and GT3s
for the same reason. They work stunningly good and they last extremely long.

But this is off topic. I was suggesting the MX72s. In comparison they are cheap.

:D

Correctly me if I am wrong, but even with the endless pads on the OEM calipers, its not comparable to BBK.
At least it's still cheaper. I'd even say it's as good as or even better than some
less advanced BBKs.
While a single piston isn't optimal the potential of stock calipers with Endless
MX72s, Tyrol bushings, heat treated or even directionally vented rotors, good
fluid, removed brake shields and appropriate ventilation is still stunning - even
when used on track. ;)

I've been thinking about the boxster kit as well, but I decided to maximize the OEM first and see where that brings me.
The NQSBBK is great value for money too. :)

Bear in mind pads like the MA45Bs are real pro stuff, close to F1 technology.
Many teams in endurance racing run them as they last longer compared to
less expensive but otherwise similar pads. If these pads last a complete 24h
race you'd happily spend the money. Endless seems to be the highest regarded
supplier in endurance racing like the ALMS.
However, there are also some track junkies running them on their M3s and GT3s
for the same reason. They work stunningly good and they last extremely long.

But this is off topic. I was suggesting the MX72s. In comparison they are cheap.

:D

At least it's still cheaper. I'd even say it's as good as or even better than some
less advanced BBKs.
While a single piston isn't optimal the potential of stock calipers with Endless
MX72s, Tyrol bushings, heat treated or even directionally vented rotors, good
fluid, removed brake shields
and appropriate ventilation is still stunning - even
when used on track. ;)

The NQSBBK is great value for money too. :)

This is what I plan to do, but the total cost come to about 900US just for parts.
I've been looking for a set of NQSBBK, but haven't found any decently priced kit.

estepnie

Ready to race!
Last edited:

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
Just a little update here. So my EBC yellow and red arrived last Thursday, and today just finished installing them. I think I'm still bedding in because I can sometimes hear them squeak at very very low speed. Is there any proper procedure to bed them in? Because EBC and stoptech suggests a different way.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
I have the stoptech pads. They're overrated IMO. They don't dust a ton, but they don't bite a ton, either. They don't have the best feel .....

Agreed. Next set of brake pads will be a different brand, indeed.

Just a little update here. So my EBC yellow and red arrived last Thursday, and today just finished installing them. I think I'm still bedding in because I can sometimes hear them squeak at very very low speed. Is there any proper procedure to bed them in? Because EBC and stoptech suggests a different way.

What I do is:
Get the car up to 30MPH, press (not slam) the brakes until the car is ALMOST to a complete stop and drive off. Repeat this 5 or 6 times. No squeaks/squeals...just more brake dust than stock pads.

gotomike

Passed Driver's Ed
Since everyone is chatting about brakes, here's what I'm up against. I just bought a 2012 GTI Autobahn. All nice with about 35K miles on it. But every morning, after that car has been sitting overnight, when I depress the brake pedal to 'Push Start' the engine, the pedal is super hard to push down on. Throughout the day, I have normal pressure. VW dealer replaced a leaky brake hose yesterday but the problem persists.
Any opinion?

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Most likely a hose with a valve underneath the vacuum booster.
Not a big thing. In very few cases the booster itself.
Definitely vacuum booster related, not to the hydraulic system.
I had the same issue.