GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2010 370z vs 2011 stage 2 STi

EvoX1

Ready to race!
So i picked up a slightly used, slightly modified 370z last week and ive been itching to test it out. Last night i pulled up next to a stage 2 2011 STi and we did a 60 pull, i was shocked with the result. The sti jumped out a car length and held it until 105 where i pulled even and started to inch away, by 140 i was a car length ahead and pulling away this point, but we shut it down. 370 mods are intakes and catback.

Maybe he was a bad driver... Its hard to tell, i tried to run a modified white mk6 gti tonight hoping he was 2+ but he didnt want to run... O well, ill have a video of my next run after i install my gopro

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
hard to say...

EvoX1

Ready to race!
Well if i do the math the sti weighs 250-300 pounds more, and puts down anywhere from 20-35 whp more and about 70-90 wtq more, however the 370z should breath better up top... Im gonna go ahead and say he could have driven better, any 2+ gti in the montreal area here?

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
The 370z can hit 12s stock. It's the car.

gkallis

Ready to race!
So i picked up a slightly used, slightly modified 370z last week and ive been itching to test it out. Last night i pulled up next to a stage 2 2011 STi and we did a 60 pull, i was shocked with the result. The sti jumped out a car length and held it until 105 where i pulled even and started to inch away, by 140 i was a car length ahead and pulling away this point, but we shut it down. 370 mods are intakes and catback.

Maybe he was a bad driver... Its hard to tell, i tried to run a modified white mk6 gti tonight hoping he was 2+ but he didnt want to run... O well, ill have a video of my next run after i install my gopro

I like this guy bring variety to the forums. btw nice kill i think the 370 looks nicer anyways.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Even though the forum literally says "MK6 vs............"

However, I for some reason love the 370Z. Nice Kill!

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Yeah, I'm dying to say "MKVI content...?" but I love Zs so I can't do it :D

lol I think thats why we're letting it pass! :thumbsup:

VINNY1

Ready to race!
The STI's grip off the line is the issue, same as the EVO. You gotta have at least a 75hp. advantage to stand a chance. You caught him at the top end, but off the line, he could get at least a car length without trying. I drove my friend's 11' WRX, and that shit is fast, we make about the same power(I have stg 1), but from my "butt", I could tell it would smoke me. It just hooks up, and go's!

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
Not too surprising. Stage 2 STIs are mid 12 second cars, but trap speeds are only 105-106. In other words, it's all in the launch. Going from a 60+ roll, AWD is going to be a disadvantage for the STI.

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
Not too surprising. Stage 2 STIs are mid 12 second cars, but trap speeds are only 105-106. In other words, it's all in the launch. Going from a 60+ roll, AWD is going to be a disadvantage for the STI.

As will top end in a lot of AWD vehicles.