GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR 2.0 TSI K04 v3.1 Software Now Available!

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
50HP I wish.... the P&P was only for an efficiency gain on this turbo and it's still truly unproven until I hit the dyno (enter comments about it taking forever). If anything it should allow the turbo to acheive targeted boost levels a little easier which in turn should create less heat/wear. The ceramic coating is a nice treatment which technically should reduce the ambient exhaust side heat from affecting the compressor heat. In addition the ceramic coating and turbo blanket have reduced bay temps which can lower intake temps. All of these factors together could lead to a few HP.

True. I forgot about the ceramic coating and the blanket. All of the little things together will probably do SOMETHING for power. Less heat all around is never a bad thing for sure :thumbsup:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I see that the myth of P&P lives on, long after I got into the subaru world some 10yrs ago, lol :lol: ;)

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
I see that the myth of P&P lives on, long after I got into the subaru world some 10yrs ago, lol :lol: ;)

It's legit, no doubt, just hard to prove power gains. I for one proved that the K04 tunes work well with the port and polish work.

Motodude310

Go Kart Champion
Wasn't there a portes and polished K04 from AWE that was making about 390 whp? I guess I remember them having a larger turbine wheel or something in it too though.

TheCastle

Ready to race!
:paddle: word spreads fast, huh?

IF this works out, I will share with everyone more details. I just don't want to get people pumped up for something that may not work. I'm about 200 miles in after my downpipe install with stage 1 (non test pipe file). I am o2/emissions ready at the moment, but want to give it more time in case that light decides to kick on. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it does come on. It took a while the last time I installed the downpipe (on the previous car).

Correct. There is no set combo that just works for all downpipes. That's the problem. I have heard people having luck with 42dd and ultimate racing downpipes, but I'm not 100% sure. I recall looking at the design of the downpipes and noticed that a spacer was built into the o2 bung from the manufacturer--I can't quite recall which one it is.

I am using a space and it does work. I couldn't pass emissions testing without the spacer.

I have the CCTA with an APR catted downpipe, and 1 42dd spacer on the 2nd 02 sensor (only 2), with the medium port. I had it installed by an expert who'd done probably several hundred. You also need the non-test-pipe option in one of your tunes.

Without the spacer and a non-test-pipe file I would throw a check engine light which is an automatic fail here. I wrote a thread about it a couple years back.

TheCastle

Ready to race!

yeah, I had a WRX and a LGT 2.5T, and nobody could find a P&P job that added enough power that it was really outside of the error bar on a dyno. It may well make a difference, but the difference is difficult to measure on a dyno.

soldier0829

Ready to race!
:laughabove:

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Wasn't there a portes and polished K04 from AWE that was making about 390 whp? I guess I remember them having a larger turbine wheel or something in it too though.

There are some AWE K0'4 with GIAC files that clipped the turbine wheel and/or port the waste gate entrance to supoosedly eliminate boost creep.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
I am using a space and it does work. I couldn't pass emissions testing without the spacer.

I have the CCTA with an APR catted downpipe, and 1 42dd spacer on the 2nd 02 sensor (only 2), with the medium port. I had it installed by an expert who'd done probably several hundred. You also need the non-test-pipe option in one of your tunes.

Without the spacer and a non-test-pipe file I would throw a check engine light which is an automatic fail here. I wrote a thread about it a couple years back.

You won't pass emissions in NJ with the test pipe file... the emissions system must be ready. I'm not too sure about one or two emissions tests...

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
:paddle: word spreads fast, huh?

IF this works out, I will share with everyone more details. I just don't want to get people pumped up for something that may not work. I'm about 200 miles in after my downpipe install with stage 1 (non test pipe file). I am o2/emissions ready at the moment, but want to give it more time in case that light decides to kick on. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it does come on. It took a while the last time I installed the downpipe (on the previous car).

Correct. There is no set combo that just works for all downpipes. That's the problem. I have heard people having luck with 42dd and ultimate racing downpipes, but I'm not 100% sure. I recall looking at the design of the downpipes and noticed that a spacer was built into the o2 bung from the manufacturer--I can't quite recall which one it is.

With K04, you don't change the spacer setup; however, you'll use the top o2 bung on the downpipe (if you're cbfa).

Which downpipe are you running? I think I ran this setup and didn't have luck on my SPM catted downpipe.

I think you got lucky. Most with CBFA don't have luck. I tried 2 or 3 combos with my last car and got fed up and just tuned it out.

Thanks lilfleck for helping out experiment on this concept! It would be sweet to be able to go stage 2 or k04 and pass emissions.