GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Odd picture request

CHerna

Ready to race!
Hello all,

Didn't think this would be my first post, but I am in need. Over the weekend, I experienced a flat tire and for the sake of time attempted to use the OEM scissor jack (I know, I know).

Anyway, since I just pulled it out of the hatch with out thinking, now I don't know the proper placement for it inside the Styrofoam under the floor cover. I really need to know where the handle/j-hook goes. The way it is in now, the handle extends past the Styrofoam. I'm afraid the handle is going to damage the floor cover sooner or later.

If anyone could post a picture of the OEM jack in place, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

mmmoose

Ready to race!
Found these pictures online.

Looks like it's always going to pop out slightly. Maybe if you wiggle it around a bit you can get it to look like the second picture (just barely almost touches the styrofoam).

CHerna

Ready to race!
Thanks mmmose! I used search on here, and tried google as well. Results did not yield those pictures for me. Greatly appreciated!

Jlove8128

Ready to race!
PITA to get that damn thing back in there. Blew so many tires on my mk4 I now am a pro at getting it back in. You have to leave a thread or two when bringing it back down and flip the handle down to the right to squeeze it back in I believe.

Last edited: