GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WHAT COMES AFTER A GTI ?

OhioMK6

Ready to race!
No way it does on a SPEED 3. Especially the first gen I believe it was. Those things had POWA. I'm talking like 13.8 1/4 stock. GTI doesn't get anywhere close to that, lol. Barely gets there with Stg2.

That's like comparing a GTI to a regular Golf. He didn't mention "Speed 3" haha. The Speed 3 interior is not even near the same class as a GTI though :p

mmmoose

Ready to race!
That's like comparing a GTI to a regular Golf. He didn't mention "Speed 3" haha. The Speed 3 interior is not even near the same class as a GTI though :p

Can't we all just get along?

Not one car shits on another car completely. Both are great cars. Each one just caters to a different audience. Where cars like the WRX and MS3 lack in refinement they make up in raw power. There's always some compromise in the area of performance, refinement, or affordability. You'll find that you can only have 2 of those 3 items, but not all. That is unless you know someone who just happens to be giving Porsches away for free...

:laugh:

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
As an oldster coming from a 2006 MINI Cooper S that I enjoyed & lived with daily for 9 years & 126,000 miles all I can say is I very much like the refinement of my GTI. It is such a well rounded package, makes me smile every time I look at it & get behind the wheel. When it is time to change I'll most likely stick with a GTI unless VW screws it up like MINI did with their new ones.

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
I wanted to progress to an S3 next, but alas, I don't fit in one because my head touches the dang roof. I thought Germans were tall and I'm only 5' 11".

Rascal

Ready to race!

Not one car shits on another car completely. Both are great cars. Each one just caters to a different audience. Where cars like the WRX and MS3 lack in refinement they make up in raw power. There's always some compromise in the area of performance, refinement, or affordability. You'll find that you can only have 2 of those 3 items, but not all. That is unless you know someone who just happens to be giving Porsches away for free...

Why this cars tunability is such a great thing. I have a comfortable car with a nice interior AND power :happyanim:

Rascal

Ready to race!

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
I'd probably get a low mileage 135 or an older M3.

Light, RWD and quick - seems like a good time.

CMGTI

Ready to race!
I'd probably get a low mileage 135 or an older M3.

Light, RWD and quick - seems like a good time.

The 135s do look pretty cool. Im 6'2 and some how I like small cars haha. It reminds me of Hightower in Police Academy in that little Celica or Corolla

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
The 135s do look pretty cool. Im 6'2 and some how I like small cars haha. It reminds me of Hightower in Police Academy in that little Celica or Corolla

Haha - I know what you're talkin bout!

I'm 6' and I like the small cars too for some odd reason. The 135's that are well done look amazing to me - I'd really like to get one.

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
Well, I'm only 5' 11" but people are shocked when they see me getting out of such a tiny car. I find them easier to zip in and out of traffic with. Oddly, I have no idea what I am going to get next, but I can say it won't be an impulse buy nor will it be FWD.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Been contemplating this myself as I've had my 2012 GTI for over 4 years now (my longest running vehicle purchase EVER! Been debating on an S4 or a S5 but the GTI is just so damn practical AND fun especially tuned.

If you are not tuned go get the new APR upgrade and it will blow your mind from stock. This car with a tune, modest suspension lowering, some lightweight wheels and good tires is a BLAST and can't be beat for the price. Still wish I got leather but ohh well..

This is very true. The GTI since I bought it new had become an entirely different animal since my stock days. Every little bit seemed to have a very nice dramatic enhancement. Year by year I added little additions until this point I'm stg2. Lowering the car definitely added a new level of excitement to drive the car with the hugging road feeling.

Tune of course assists the car from being a turtle stock to being a bit more respectable on the road.

I too regret not having leather :cry:

Oh, didn't realize he was just talking about the regular golf to regular Madza3.

This is true also. You win some you lose some until your in an entire new price bracket where you basically get both, but then again, you just paid out your a$$ so you should expect to have all.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
I say you get an MK7 GTI but that's just me. You can get a poverty spec MK7 for like 22k after taxes lol

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
I'm sold on hatchbacks for their versatility, their across-the-board utility; you can't beat it, unless you want to drive a lumbering SUV, which I don't.

When my 2014 GTI needs replacing, I'd love to get an A3 hatchback but Audi won't send those here anymore. I had a 2008 A3, which was a great car until someone totaled it for me........ :(