GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
You're calling me an apr fanboy because I claimed 24+ psi? I feel like you must be since I've been the one talking about it. I am not posting about it to be bragging about it and making shit up, so I'm not sure what your deal is. Fuck APR, I don't like them at all. When I had apr I've seen 25.6 psi on my p3cars guage though.

Does that gauge have its own sensor or does it plug into the OBD port to obtain the reading?

The OEM sensor will not read above ~1.5bar of boost at sea level. At higher elevations where ambient pressure drops you will be able to read more boost. The absolute pressure it will read is 2.5bar.

If the gauge has its own sensor you may have seen a spike to 25psi when lifting for example just as the BPV opens. It also depends where you tap the external sensor into. The closer to the turbo you are the higher the boost pressure as there are pressure drops from the turbo to the manifold through the piping and FMIC. Unfortunately the OEM turbo won't hold those pressures on this engine, it is just too small and the WG spring is very soft.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Does that gauge have its own sensor or does it plug into the OBD port to obtain the reading?

It plugs into the OBD port. I don't have the analog tap yet. The weird part is if you just plug it in and start using it and you're flashed you won't be seeing correct boost values, the numbers will be too low. After you go in the settings and tell it you're flashed then you see higher boost.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
It plugs into the OBD port. I don't have the analog tap yet. The weird part is if you just plug it in and start using it and you're flashed you won't be seeing correct boost values, the numbers will be too low. After you go in the settings and tell it you're flashed then you see higher boost.
the obd2 reader ones suck.
You have to have a manual tap for actual boost.

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
You're calling me an apr fanboy because I claimed 24+ psi? I feel like you must be since I've been the one talking about it. I am not posting about it to be bragging about it and making shit up, so I'm not sure what your deal is. Fuck APR, I don't like them at all. When I had apr I've seen 25.6 psi on my p3cars guage though.

Wow, chill bro. No reason to freak out. I never called you out. If I wanted to call you out, I'd do it by name.

I've heard the 24 psi claim from multiple APR users and that's why I asked. But I suspect they are all using an obd2 dongle to read it.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I've heard the 24 psi claim from multiple APR users and that's why I asked. But I suspect they are all using an obd2 dongle to read it.

yeah, pics or it didn't happen

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie

If that is the case, the most the OEM sensor will read is 1.55bar at sea level. So that means 22.5psi or so. If you are seeing 24psi at sea level the calibration is not correct in the gauge software. The amount the OEM sensor can read is not affected by being flashed or not. The tune can adjust how the sensor voltage output is interpreted but that does not change the actual amount of pressure in the charge pipe leading up to the manifold (where the MAP sensor is located).

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
If you are seeing 24psi at sea level the calibration is not correct in the gauge software.

That's where I figured you were headed. It's good to know at least.

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
If that is the case, the most the OEM sensor will read is 1.55bar at sea level. So that means 22.5psi or so. If you are seeing 24psi at sea level the calibration is not correct in the gauge software. The amount the OEM sensor can read is not affected by being flashed or not. The tune can adjust how the sensor voltage output is interpreted but that does not change the actual amount of pressure in the charge pipe leading up to the manifold (where the MAP sensor is located).

This is extremely helpful Alex. Thanks for the clarification. Time do go take some logs for my tune from you guys.

tofuD01

Ready to race!
Can this tune be used with the APR DSG tune?

Also how much would it cost to ship to the UK?

I am fairly convinced to get this but another part of me says not to waste monies as i already have a tune on my car...

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
After talking about the p3cars gauge here I thought I should plug it in with the strat tune. Now I know these aren't the numbers I'm actually hitting, but the difference between strat and apr isn't as much as I used to think. The highest I ever saw with apr on the p3cars gauge was 25.6 psi, and this morning with a couple quick third gear pulls I saw 24.8 twice. I'll try to find time this weekend to hook up my boost tap so I can see actual boost, then I can test the difference. The Cobb ap seems to be more accurate than the p3cars gauge though.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
After talking about the p3cars gauge here I thought I should plug it in with the strat tune. Now I know these aren't the numbers I'm actually hitting, but the difference between strat and apr isn't as much as I used to think. The highest I ever saw with apr on the p3cars gauge was 25.6 psi, and this morning with a couple quick third gear pulls I saw 24.8 twice. I'll try to find time this weekend to hook up my boost tap so I can see actual boost, then I can test the difference. The Cobb ap seems to be more accurate than the p3cars gauge though.
nothings accurate until you tap it. That would and will be the only accurate thing there a manual tap for pressure direct.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
nothings accurate until you tap it. That would and will be the only accurate thing there a manual tap for pressure direct.

Yup, I know, but the cobb ap is at least in line with what Alex is saying and I haven't seen it go higher than 21~ psi, while the p3cars gauge is exceeding what it should be displaying.

oldtype2

Ready to race!
Installed my downpipe last night. I flashed the Cobb stage 2 map until I receive my tune from Stratified. I should have all the supporting mods for stage 2 but I've read conflicting opinions if a stage 2 intake pipe is needed. I just have the P-Flo stage 1 section but Cobb recommends a full stage 2 air intake. Guys have said on the forums that a stage 2 tune runs fine with just the stock air box. Just a little confusing I guess.

Sent from oldtype2 using Tapatalk Pro

FriggenT1

Banned
Installed my downpipe last night. I flashed the Cobb stage 2 map until I receive my tune from Stratified. I should have all the supporting mods for stage 2 but I've read conflicting opinions if a stage 2 intake pipe is needed. I just have the P-Flo stage 1 section but Cobb recommends a full stage 2 air intake. Guys have said on the forums that a stage 2 tune runs fine with just the stock air box. Just a little confusing I guess.

Sent from oldtype2 using Tapatalk Pro

Stage 2 pipe has shown no significant gain

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Strat also doesn't do stage 1 and stage 2 tunes, unless low output is stage 1 and high output is stage 2. Their tunes are based on your mods, so there's nothing at all that's required.