GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf Cabriolet Sound System Upgrade

ruffshott

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi! I've done a bit of research and come to a dead end. Just wondering what people think about ICE upgrades and what's needed and what isn't.

(a) Golf speakers are good. How far up of an upgrade would I need to go, to really notice a difference?

(b) Where can I put a sub?? Considering it's a convertible.

(c) Anybody installed the Alpine x-902d-g6 head unit?

(d) Could I put subs in the read speakers?

(e) Is an amp nessesary?

rodster

There are a few guys on german/dutch ebay selling Dynaudio amp/speakers specifically for the G6 cab. Look it up. As long as you have an existing underseat VW amp, it should be plug n play for the setup otherwise u'll need to buy the wiring harness.

the Alpine x-902 is sweet but $$

ruffshott

Passed Driver's Ed
So after the fact, here are my own answers

(a) Cabriolet wind and road noise means; when you go loud stock speakers distort. A full speaker and amp setup are essential.

(b) For the cabriolet, try the ski hatch between the rear seats. It may struggle to be heard otherwise.

(c) Alpine X902D-G6 is poor quality for the money. Screen is not HD, GUI is clunky, and dont believe the hype about OEM integration,any system with canbus can do what it does. Its garbage imo, but looks the ticket.

(d) advised could be too muddy

(e) Yes, because you'd need the volume with the roof down, and the HU powering the OEM speakers will just distort.