GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Do any of you guys insure your mods?

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
For a GTI with bolt ons No. For a very expensive car with a serious build yes. Go fo agreed value with Hagerty and other well known enthusiast companies, never trust regular joe insurance companies such as Geico, Travellers, Allstate etc. They don't give two shits about you or your car/parts.

Really? I can't imagine that they would give you much sh!t if you are paying extra $$$ per month for that reason. It's almost like an extended warranty.

Progressive was awesome when the wife had an accident in the past, but obviously I have no clue how they would handle the inclusion of mods. :cool:

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
I use Esurance and can pick the level of $'s to be covered for aftermarket parts. They couldn't really give me a good answer how they would come up with a price if the car was totaled but it seems like as long as you had receipts/records it would be ok.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
I use Esurance and can pick the level of $'s to be covered for aftermarket parts. They couldn't really give me a good answer how they would come up with a price if the car was totaled but it seems like as long as you had receipts/records it would be ok.

That's my thing. How can they properly value the parts and factor in the depreciation of what they are worth at the time of an accident? I would imagine this adds more work on them and potential to get themselves ripped off practically, but I'm sure they will give the least amount of what you show them to prevent you getting back your entire money's worth of what you paid on everything. :iono: