GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BI-XENON HEADLIGHT HELP!

geramy1232

Ready to race!
Your Pictures not showing, removing the plug and checking the pins is the sure fire way of knowing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thing is that I already have bi-xenon lights without LED DRL and the pins from the light and the plug match up, there are no pins missing on my plug that the lights don’t have so i’m confused on what is it that I need to do.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Thing is that I already have bi-xenon lights without LED DRL and the pins from the light and the plug match up, there are no pins missing on my plug that the lights don’t have so i’m confused on what is it that I need to do.

It could just be coding as per the threads I linked to, the thing that started me saying you don’t have the pins was the post from someone else (my bad!) showing a CECM that I thought was yours, in that picture the pins are missing! If I were you I would have already checked my CECM to see if it has the pins, if it does then check the CECM plug for that socket to see if it has a wire at that location! If it does then you probably just need to code the CECM to recognise the LED’s, my arms aren’t long enough to do it for you I’m afraid! [emoji106]

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
As mentioned earlier though your software version may be too early.

geramy1232

Ready to race!
It could just be coding as per the threads I linked to, the thing that started me saying you don’t have the pins was the post from someone else (my bad!) showing a CECM that I thought was yours, in that picture the pins are missing! If I were you I would have already checked my CECM to see if it has the pins, if it does then check the CECM plug for that socket to see if it has a wire at that location! If it does then you probably just need to code the CECM to recognise the LED’s, my arms aren’t long enough to do it for you I’m afraid! [emoji106]

Lol its completely fine man, you have been more than helpful, I really appreciate the time you have taken to help me with this. I’ll check to see the coding and also if the CECM software is to old then I would need the new CECM with an updated software?

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Lol its completely fine man, you have been more than helpful, I really appreciate the time you have taken to help me with this. I’ll check to see the coding and also if the CECM software is to old then I would need the new CECM with an updated software?

Let us know what you find.

edkwon98

Were you able to figure it out? I am having the same issue that everything would work except the led drls. I have 2011 gti that came with non-led bi xenons from the factory and I just put in the one with the leds