GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTDarren's GTD

GTDarren

Hi lads!

I've this car 1.5 years now and I'm happy out with it.

Some pics....

Pics car was advertised with

Powder coated Audi R8 wheels and 312mm discs up front

Few friends!

Lowered on H&R springs

GTDarren

Bit of a change with the engine cover

Sprayed a bit extra on the front bumper

Adpaters for LED tails

Genuine VW LED tails

GTDarren

I have a question - because this is a September 2009 model, I think the BCM is an earlier one. I have the MFSW and have enabled the Coming home/Leaving home lights function under the Lights function for 10 seconds each. I have to pull back on the stalk to flash the headlights to make the lights stay on when I leave the car, which is fiine. How do I get them to light up when I'm walking up to the car? I have enabled it in VAGcom.

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
Were those R8 wheels reps? The Mk7 wheels look great, but the directional fail would drive my OCD crazy. Beautiful GTD though, I wish we had them over here in the States soo bad.

Janton_17

Passed Driver's Ed
Smart, GTi mk7 alloys look better than old wheel for sure. Plus GTi exhaust make it look cleaner IMO, where did you get the Adapters from for the tail lights?

GTDarren

Were those R8 wheels reps? The Mk7 wheels look great, but the directional fail would drive my OCD crazy. Beautiful GTD though, I wish we had them over here in the States soo bad.

They were indeed, they were on the car when I bought it.

I thought there was a mistake when I saw the difference in direction too, and when I mentioned it to someone else, they actually asked the dealer about it!

They are a nice car but they really need a little more power from standard to match the sharpness of the looks!

GTDarren

Smart, GTi mk7 alloys look better than old wheel for sure. Plus GTi exhaust make it look cleaner IMO, where did you get the Adapters from for the tail lights?

They are easier to clean too!

Adapters were from ebay and cost about €40 posted.

GTDarren

Some work done on the bodywork. I did a bit of compounding lately to freshen her up

Fraserr

How much did it cost to fully change from twin tail to gti style tail pipes? Im asking as I have a GT and would love to do the change. Loving the car