GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

They contacted me finally after ghosting me the entire month and said to come pick up the security deposit. I went over there yesterday, they tried to give me $300 of the $1150 which an itemized bill that was completely obsurd. Trying to get me to pay for new carpet when the carpet there was 10+ years old when I moved in. Oh and the best part was 25 hours of their own labor to replace the carpet, loss of wages for taking the day off to do so, and loss of rental income while they fixed the shithole up. None of this was caused by me, I left the place in good condition. It's just falling apart and has been for years, and they think I'm their big payday.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
They contacted me finally after ghosting me the entire month and said to come pick up the security deposit. I went over there yesterday, they tried to give me $300 of the $1150 which an itemized bill that was completely obsurd. Trying to get me to pay for new carpet when the carpet there was 10+ years old when I moved in. Oh and the best part was 25 hours of their own labor to replace the carpet, loss of wages for taking the day off to do so, and loss of rental income while they fixed the shithole up. None of this was caused by me, I left the place in good condition. It's just falling apart and has been for years, and they think I'm their big payday.

What did Magic Mini Mo have to say about all of that?

jay745

What did Magic Mini Mo have to say about all of that?

Said he was going to call them and "kindly" explain the law to them and see if they are crazy enough to take it to litigation.

They are very stupid, cheap, and stubborn so I'm guessing they won't take his gentle push to make things easy on themselves. Fine by me.

Reading up on it this morning a bit and it seems they messed up bigtime trying to get me to pay for their loss of wages to do maintenance on their property after I vacated. It's not even a ton of money, more principle at this point and I'm sick of getting jacked around by people in general. They are going to be made an example out of if I have power to do so.

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
About two weeks ago I had a complex partial seizure at work. After meeting with the neurologist yesterday he said no driving for at least 6 months and I got lots of tests to schedule. Best case is it was a one time thing and after 6 months I’m cleared and celebrate. I’m not sure what worse case is, but this is pretty impacting to the family and my mental state. Good news through, it wasn’t a stroke or aneurism.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
About two weeks ago I had a complex partial seizure at work. After meeting with the neurologist yesterday he said no driving for at least 6 months and I got lots of tests to schedule. Best case is it was a one time thing and after 6 months I’m cleared and celebrate. I’m not sure what worse case is, but this is pretty impacting to the family and my mental state. Good news through, it wasn’t a stroke or aneurism.

Dang man sorry to hear that.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Why don't youtube videos embed anymore on the forums? dafuq is going on? where's an admin when you need one?
yeah i dunno odd , youre a mod fix it :iono:
EDM is such a vague term really. I enjoy a lot of it, but certain types like trance and whatnot I just can't do.
uh oh what did you do?
oounce oounce ™
Wife and I listen to XM Chill a lot.
Good background music, calming, without getting stuck on a song you don't like.
i tried sirius, couldnt do it. wasnt worth even the $4 a month or whatever i got them down to. as the promotional rate was about to expire it took me nearly an hour to cancel on the phone. goodluck.

Id like to cancel my plan.
"what if i take $1 a month off?"
no thanks i want to cancel
"you know if you stay with us for another 6 months i have a great promtional rate for you."
NO. I JUST WANT TO CANCEL .
"sir i understand, so you want to cancel your plan...but what if you instead upgrade and i give you a better rate? "
NO . JUST CANCEL IT.
(then played musical chairs through india call center for an hour)

was extremely frustrating. This is after the 20 minutes of sitting on hold. :mad0259:
The ordeal with my old lanlords not returning my security deposit is about to get interesting...
fully semi automatic assualt Mo time ™
Controversy Thursday going on around here
^pretty much this

P car issues, landlord issues, grill debates etc

Said he was going to call them and "kindly" explain the law to them and see if they are crazy enough to take it to litigation.

They are very stupid, cheap, and stubborn so I'm guessing they won't take his gentle push to make things easy on themselves. Fine by me.

Reading up on it this morning a bit and it seems they messed up bigtime trying to get me to pay for their loss of wages to do maintenance on their property after I vacated. It's not even a ton of money, more principle at this point and I'm sick of getting jacked around by people in general. They are going to be made an example out of if I have power to do so.

lmfao at loss of wages and paying for their personal time.

you cleaned up the place before you left right? ...should charge them for that.

oh and you had to pack your stuff up to move out, more time they should be charged for iirc

people are dumb, i like dogs more than most people

Thanks Illinois

accurate, you were one of the lucky ones who got out .... for now.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie

Oh wow. I can't even be sarcastic about that man. Sorry to hear. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I guess I can understand the doc's concerns... seizure while driving probably not good. Especially since I'm guessing you probably don't get a "warning" or something that one's about to hit.

:/

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie

Wow.

I assume these are small-time landlords?

Sad thing about litigation is that it'll probably cost you as much in fees as it will be to recover the rest of your deposit. Tho I suppose this might be something he could demand - that they also pay your attorney fees when it's done.

Housing laws are so stacked AGAINST the landlords... if you are one, you gotta be careful AF. Always funny when they try to pull shit like this. My wife used to be in property management and the last complex we left, they actually tried hosing her on shit too. It was ridiculous. Subsequent "move outs" after that, we bit the bullet and paid for a professional cleaning crew to come through. Worth it.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
What! Deets!!!

Have had same bullshit happen to other friends. They try charging a "cleaning fee" which they can't do that because of state law. Almost all places try and pull that crap. Most idiots don't know because they don't know the law and it's easy money.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion

holy shit. sending prayers mang.

Dang man sorry to hear that.

this.

Oh wow. I can't even be sarcastic about that man. Sorry to hear. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I guess I can understand the doc's concerns... seizure while driving probably not good. Especially since I'm guessing you probably don't get a "warning" or something that one's about to hit.

:/

this.

Dang now I feel bad updating the thread title when I thought the caddy was at fault for the loss of license.

Hope everythings ok man :/

thread title stays.

This. No joke, hope all is ok.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
landlord treating you like they are lord of the land

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Do you have a history of epilepsy? What size seizure was it? The no driving is for the best. You can completely lock up behind the wheel and not be able to do a damn thing. I'm sorry to hear bro. If you have a history of seizures it might be best to be put on medication to help out. Unless it was a one time thing. Any idea what caused it? What were you doing up to the seizure?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jay745

Wow.

I assume these are small-time landlords?

Sad thing about litigation is that it'll probably cost you as much in fees as it will be to recover the rest of your deposit. Tho I suppose this might be something he could demand - that they also pay your attorney fees when it's done.

Housing laws are so stacked AGAINST the landlords... if you are one, you gotta be careful AF. Always funny when they try to pull shit like this. My wife used to be in property management and the last complex we left, they actually tried hosing her on shit too. It was ridiculous. Subsequent "move outs" after that, we bit the bullet and paid for a professional cleaning crew to come through. Worth it.

Very small time. I was renting the coach house behind their property.

Status
Not open for further replies.