GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HELP! Boost leak between Neuspeed TOP and FMIC

speedster

Go Kart Champion
Wow, surprised you can back it out of the garage with only 3 WHP. :lol:

Most people have the other problem, they're stuck in the garage becasue they're big turbo and can't control the wheel spin.
Not that many people are big turbo. Those that are are usually sensible enough to know that a boost leak ain't going to make big power ;)

pgard1

Ready to race!
Just ran into this issue after installing my Neuspeed fmic a month ago. Ordered a new seal and some gasket sealer for the clamp side just in case. The sound it makes almost sounds like an intake leak at low rpm but slowly started to happen in between shifts. Not real happy about having to chase this own. =\

pgard1

Ready to race!
Took some time this weekend to install the new seal and check all of the other hoses; no dice. I pulled my dv as well but i couldn't see any issues. After doing more research on the sound, I've narrowed it down to either a belt or bearing issue. I did have my a/c compressor replaced recently but I don't think they replaced the belt. They chirping sound I am getting between 2500 to 3k rpm is always there now and can be reproduced when in park just reving. I have heard it on occasion between shifts but only at that rpm range. Taking it to my mechanic this week to see if they can narrow it down. So irritating!

Jaber

Modero
Reviving old thread. But anyone ever get the Awe S3 TOP to work with the Neuspeed FMIC? I received mine today. But looks like the hose is too small and won't slip over. Unless it's an extremely tight fit. And I need to heat it up and lube it to max. Otherwise I'll have to return or sell it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426034809.603961.jpg

Last edited:

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Reviving old thread. But anyone ever get the Awe S3 TOO to work with the Neuspeed FMIC? I received mine today. But looks like the hose is too small and won't slip over. Unless it's an extremely tight fit. And I need to hear it up and lube it to max. Otherwise I'll have to return or sell it.

View attachment 47603

I'm curious about this too. I've also got the Neuspeed FMIC. Keep us posted if you were successful getting it together..

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk

Jaber

Modero
I'm curious about this too. I've also got the Neuspeed FMIC. Keep us posted if you were successful getting it together..

I found a post from WetMoney's thread/review, from a user "s word" who managed to do it. Based of yesterday's mock up, it's going to be a bitch! Cadubya bought his S3 TOP from a person parting out, who used it on a Neuspeed FMIC as well. So that's two people who have.

See below, only person I could find using google search for Neuspeed FMIC and S3 TOP. Searching the two gets confusing with the S3 IC :laugh:

Installed mine last night. I have AWE S3 TOP (no coupler) and the IC hose was a tight fit to get over but I managed to shoe horn it on. The clamp rings that come with the hoses wouldn't fit so I had to use a larger Tbolt for now. The cold side hoses fit much easier. I have BSH meth throttle body pipe and the hose slid right over.

I am a little slower than the instructions said. About 4 hrs total. That includes about 30-40 mins of trying to shoe horn the hose over TOP pipe. Also had to search out a few tools and make tools work for other purposes. Overall not to bad, just lay out the tools before hand and its an easy 3 hrs tops. Also if you have stock Pipes, and still use coupler on TOP, things should go even faster.

NOTE: Don't forget to move the temp sensor which is the last step. Its on the bumper and can be easily be moved before installing the bumper back on. Instructions don't really say what to do with the radiator air fin pieces. I cut mine to fit the top of the grill still.

My previous setup was S3 ic, AWE hoses.

Driving impression
So far I have only limited driving about 60 miles. In traffic there is still heat soak I can watch my IATs climb. Main difference I notice is that the IATs drop like crazy even in the smallest sprint. In normal freeway driving the IATs stay about 10F above ambient, it was about 80 today on way to work. In traffic about 30F more. And getting on the car seems to pull harder. I also feel like it is less laggy than before when jumping on throttle.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks. Please keep me posted on your progress.. Maybe use a heat gun on the hose and put the pipe in the freezer? Might help if one is expanded and the other is contracted.??..

Jaber

Modero
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427574383.395805.jpg

Tight fit. But got it on by heating it up with a lighter and two man team.

Sent from my iSuperior, expect typos, mathematical errors and inaccuracy.

JoeD

Bring this thread back to life to share another solution.

I recently put a Nuespeed Front Mounted Intercooler on my mk6 GTI.

I couldn't get the Intercooler hose with the billet adapter to seal with the crap OEM coupler either.

Ordered the Nuespeed turbo outlet pipe (aka discharge pipe). Kept popping out.

So for $40, I had the billet adapter welded into the coupl

I just hit 29 psi and no leak.