GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Build your own RSR clutch kit - Parts list

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Well just placed all my orders. Looks like you guys snagged up the parts at a better price on almost everything. Still over $100 cheaper than the HS kit, though.

$886 for new pressure plate, clutch disc, dual-mass flywheel, throwout bearing and necessary hardware shipped to my door. Many, many thanks everyone for the info! Can't wait to not have a slipping clutch anymore and actually feel what my stage 2 tune actually feels like! :D

That's a great price for all those parts. Putting down Stage 2 power with no slipping is a great feeling. :D

I agree...great price when you include the DMFW. HS Tuning kit is really $400 more expensive when you add $300 for a new DMFW. Good luck with install :thumbup:

aeffertz

Passed Driver's Ed
Just a quick heads up, the LuK throwout bearing - LSC320 is the plastic, two piece type. Will be returning it and spending the extra money on the revised metal, one-piece bearing.

carmutt1

How many of you have gone with the plastic Luk LSC320 2 piece throw out bearing? Anyone having any issues with? It seems even the Sachs throw out bearing is 2 piece but maybe has less plastic? Seems only the VW one is 1 piece and all metal.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
How many of you have gone with the plastic Luk LSC320 2 piece throw out bearing? Anyone having any issues with? It seems even the Sachs throw out bearing is 2 piece but maybe has less plastic? Seems only the VW one is 1 piece and all metal.

The metal 1 piece is the updated version.

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!

I originally was going to get the metal TOB, but went with a Hydraulic TOB that I got a really good price on, new in packaging

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Thanks, and so there are no oem made versions of the 1 piece except for the VW branded one? Also, what is the difference between the Luk DMF131 vs. the Sachs 06J105266H dual mass flywheel for the extra $200?
I'm also curious as to the difference between the flywheel options, especially given the price disparity.

C1iffyp

Passed Driver's Ed
Just ordered a new clutch disk and used this thread as a guide. I already had the RSR kit from a previous purchase, so all I needed was a new disk.

Sachs (03G141031P) Disk found here: https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-vw-clutch-disc-sachs-03g141031p - $100 - NICE!!!!

Also got a new RMS found here: https://www.excelerateperformance.com/news/2-0t-tsi-rear-main-seal-solution - TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!

As well as other necessities, like, a new Throw-out bearing, etc.

Should have the car in the shop early next week and all buttoned up shortly after.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Just ordered a new clutch disk and used this thread as a guide. I already had the RSR kit from a previous purchase, so all I needed was a new disk.

Sachs (03G141031P) Disk found here: https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-vw-clutch-disc-sachs-03g141031p - $100 - NICE!!!!

Also got a new RMS found here: https://www.excelerateperformance.com/news/2-0t-tsi-rear-main-seal-solution - TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!

As well as other necessities, like, a new Throw-out bearing, etc.

Should have the car in the shop early next week and all buttoned up shortly after.
If you're reusing your pressure plate make sure the shop resets it. The pressure plate has a spring-loaded, self-adjustment feature that accounts for clutch disc wear. The PP MUST be reset or the clutch will not have the correct clamping force. I dug up one of my previous posts which elaborates:
I read up on this issue awhile back so I'll share my knowledge. The self adjusting pressure plate can be reset fairly easily if you know what you're doing. Doesn't require any special tools other than a press. Perhaps a bench vise or similar could be used, not sure.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Bumping with updated prices of the basic clutch kit:

Pressure Plate (07K 141 BX) - $443.03 Shipped from eEuroparts.com
Clutch Disk (1878 005 146) - $81.99 Shipped from FCPEuro.com
Metal Throw Out Bearing (0A5 141 671 F) $108.35 shipped from ECStuning.com
New Sachs DMFW $400 shipped eBay
Total: $1033.37

Extras:
USP Stainless Clutch Line - $51.99 shipped uspmotorsports.com
iABED RMS - $119 shipped ECStuning.com
RMS Install Tool - $11.09 shipped ECStuning.com
VW Alignment tool (T10097) - $24.33 shipped ECStuning.com

Last edited:

kosmaras

Go Kart Newbie
Great thread! I've put together my list and am starting to compile the necessary parts to fit this clutch on my CC. Here's where I am and what I plan to buy from where.

Attachments

• TTRS Clutch.PNG
    TTRS Clutch.PNG
    39.1 KB · Views: 172

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
FYI, If you're using the iABED spring loaded RMS then you don't need the VW seal install tool. That's only required for the VW non-spring loaded teflon seal, so it's not damaged/stretched during install.