GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Eventually. Stratified remote tuning it, so it’ll be awhile till it hits the dyno. Going for whatever it’ll do safely.
Makes sense. Can't wait to see them to decide between 550 and 660.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

mg_90

Thanks! I guess I gonna head that way, and order some. I’m guessing nobody is running a 9 or wider on the rear on one of these things. I wanted to try and keep square setup front to back, but seems to be the rear fenders and the gas filler are a problem.

I do run 18x9 ET30 on the back, but the rear fenders had to be completely redone from scratch, it´s an insane amount of work but I guess having a bodyshop helps :D

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
the turbo.. i wanna see how it compares size wise to a regular gt/gtx.

It’s actually smaller internally and externally. Just flows more through turbo sorcery. The thing that makes it hard to fit is the wastegate arm angle. If I were planning from scratch I’d have gone external wastegate, but I didn’t want to have to get a new manifold and piping. I gambled that it would bolt right up to my APR manifold and got lucky that it did. I just had to have a downpipe adapter made to convert to V-band, and had an oil drain line made. I didn’t want to tap the pan. Wanted to keep it as OEM as possible.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
It’s actually smaller internally and externally. Just flows more through turbo sorcery. The thing that makes it hard to fit is the wastegate arm angle. If I were planning from scratch I’d have gone external wastegate, but I didn’t want to have to get a new manifold and piping. I gambled that it would bolt right up to my APR manifold and got lucky that it did. I just had to have a downpipe adapter made to convert to V-band, and had an oil drain line made. I didn’t want to tap the pan. Wanted to keep it as OEM as possible.

Yeah wg clearance looks tight. glad everything fit tho.

Sauce118

Ready to race!
is anyone running the LNF (ecotech ) injectors? I was running a modified APR GT30 3+ kit and one of their "secret" injectors stuck open. I tried to fix it and as soon as I put it back in and gave it a bit of gas it stuck open again. After some research I read about lots of people running those LNF injectors, so I ordered some. They fit great and are very similar looking to the APR injectors (very very similar)… My problem, however, is ever since I swapped to those injectors I am pulling significant timing on all cylinders. sometimes upwards of 6-7 degrees. I tuned the car myself and the tune was adjusted for the new injectors, but to me it is insane that injectors would cause this. According to the ECU readings, the engine is getting plenty of fuel and I also spray DPI meth. I can turn the meth all the way up and minimize the timing pull but I shouldn't have to and nor do I want to. I wanted to see fi anyone has experience with these injectors because I had read somewhere that they need to be installed with the connector @ 6oClock position due to the spray pattern. I only read this once, but mine are installed just as factory ones would be installed with the connector @ 3-4 oclock. Does anyone have any input on these things? I am getting frustrated and about to just run my stock injectors and spray meth, cuz the car pulls 0 timing when doing that. How does running bigger injectors cause pre-detonation? don't get it??? Any advice/input would be helpful.. THanks!

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Anyone here ever break the Fly wheel bolts from having BT power? theres a MK5 dude who sheared off his FW bolts and it worries me. Is replacing the stock ones to ARP ones highly recommended?