Votes: 14 35.0%
  • 2007 BMW 335i

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Something Else

Votes: 18 45.0%

• Total voters

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Word 135is are great, huge power can be had for little mods. I call it the poor mans m3..change some suspension parts and your set. They look great with just rims and and and and a small drop.

I actually also really like the 5.0 mustang.. it makes great power and isnt too pricey

czirrfb

Banned
Plus i'm sure the 5.0 is more reliable than the german competition ;) lol

Also the eco boost new mustang makes awesome power too!

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Plus i'm sure the 5.0 is more reliable than the german competition ;) lol

Also the eco boost new mustang makes awesome power too!
A local guy just got an ecoboost they make good power when tuned. Some sort of an american big muscle car is on my car bucket list...something thunderous and obnoxiously loud. I wouldnt mind scooping up a 5.0 in a few years.. put on some big rubber and bolt it. Oh baby. The 5.0 was fords statement to show competing cars whos boss...imo its also their last hoorah in terms of big motor power. they dont handle too badly either...

5.0 for loud crazy power ...135i for refined crazy power with a luxurious interior.

Gah i love turbos so much, a nice big motor car is always nice though. Turbo v6 is best of both worlds

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
One out of these two:

335i
+ Roomier
+ The 335is would be ideal
- The older you get the more you might spend at the stealership.

135i
+ Lighter than the 335i but not by much.
- 4 seats only (5 seats on the 335i)

Note:
Get one with Navi & nice headlights
On both, skip the automatic.
Try to get the 135is or 335is
Skip the AWD, expensive to fix.
1st Gen. engine N54 (Twin turbo) has more room for improvement than the newer N55 (single turbo)

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Bro for $15k the only BMW 335 you'll get into will have higher miles and will likely be a maintenance nightmare. Don't get a BMW unless you are going to spend $30k and get a CPO one.

czirrfb

Banned
A stage 1 GTI will beat a 328i no problem. I say if your gonna get a BMW, do it right and get the faster ones like the 335i or 135i.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Stage 1 GTI will beat a 07-08 stock 335i coupe.

TorontoDUBBER

Ready to race!
I know it's not apples to apples, but I drive my MK6 TDI and have been since it was new. It has 45k miles (65k km to stay Canadian) and I sometimes wonder what I'd trade it for and I occasionally think A3 or A4 but usually feel that I don't want to trade it in... ever. I love the car and decided to aim for a million miles of driving. Possibly replacing every part on the car to keep it going. Not sure if the GTI people feel the same but I wouldn't be surprised.

Go with an AWD Audi or the Golf!

Rascal

Ready to race!
Bro for $15k the only BMW 335 you'll get into will have higher miles and will likely be a maintenance nightmare. Don't get a BMW unless you are going to spend $30k and get a CPO one.

This. If you spend $15k on a twin turbo BMW immediately bend over. The first time in the shop and they tell you that'll be 2 grand for whatever they are doing to it you will regret your decision. And that is 2 grand you can't save for the future car you really want. And there WILL be one. Cause right now it sounds like you are not REALLY wanting anything mentioned here. Been there done that.

sethdude

Pobody's Nerfect.

As a former E92 owner, this is the best advice given in this thread.

Rascal

Ready to race!