Votes: 14 35.0%
  • 2007 BMW 335i

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Something Else

Votes: 18 45.0%

• Total voters

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Buy the GTI because you're funny and I want you in the forum.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
focus st
mustang ecoboost

Regarding the Focus ST.... to each their own. I think a Stage 1 GTI is just as fast or faster and much more refined. I'd take my car over a NEW ST...

Brinkmen

VW NUT!

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Really? A Stage 1 MK6 is as fast as a Focus ST, but not faster than a honda S2000?

I said nothing about an S2000. I've never driven one so I don't know. But having driven an ST and my Stage 1 GTI DSG with intake back to back. I'm quite sure my GTI was just as fast if not faster than the ST and much more refined. Also this is very subjective but I think the ST and the Focus in general look very juvinile.

Anyway not many Focus STs out there for $15k though so this really isn't on topic.

BP11

Banned
Focus ST is a POS flat brimmed racer boi car. 335 is a douchebromobile. GTI is a FWD spin machine. Basically, you're F'd at this price point bud.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Focus ST is a POS flat brimmed racer boi car. 335 is a douchebromobile. GTI is a FWD spin machine. Basically, you're F'd at this price point bud.

This'th.

You could get a MkIV 04 R32 for around 15k probably. It will have likely around 80k miles but AWD!

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Swap an LS1 into a 335i. Holy shit would that be a fun car!

This.^ see my post count. I wont steer u wrong.

Lolz

Regarding the Focus ST.... to each their own. I think a Stage 1 GTI is just as fast or faster and much more refined. I'd take my car over a NEW ST...

It's a bit faster. Run against an ST a couple times and put a car length between him from a dig to 80 twice. The key is that the ST's turbo is smaller than the mk6's, so they run out of breath even sooner and even harder than a tuned mk6.

Really? A Stage 1 MK6 is as fast as a Focus ST, but not faster than a honda S2000?

Stage 1 GTI is much much faster than an S2000. The S2000 is probably faster than a stock mk6, but feels slower because of all those revs.

Yup. You're fucked. You should just get an Odyssey, you'll be way ahead of the depreciation curve by the time you have kids.

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
Would 335i, but not with your budget. At that price point, drive what you're driving now - or buy a cheap ass Accord or Civic and save up until you can afford a car in better mechanical condition.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Yeah get an Odyssey and put 1000hp in it like that one they had on American Top Gear. Haha.

czirrfb

Banned
Ok, so now a stage 1 MK6 is "much" faster than an S2000? Someone said a Stage 1 is about dead even with an S2K? I'm confused.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Ok, so now a stage 1 MK6 is "much" faster than an S2000? Someone said a Stage 1 is about dead even with an S2K? I'm confused.

Stage 1 GTI: 3100 lbs 255hp 289ft/lbs
Stage 1 w/CAI: 3100lbs 269hp 295ft/lbs

S2000: 2860 lbs 237hp 162ft/lbs

"So... yeah"