GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P1335/17743/P0606 Limp Mode EPC - Engine Torque Monitor 2: Control Limit Exceed

Drew8

Any updates to the people having these issues with the K04? Have they been resolved?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

zef

Drag Racing Champion
My resolution was going to APR. Car has been perfect since. No funky CELs, no funky cold start idle, no limp mode, literally all of that went away. It was just a garbage tune, and I think Stratified was just too overwhelmed or not knowledgeable enough on the platform to figure out how to properly tune it. I stuck it out around 4-5 months and many revisions with little to no improvements. Unfortunately they cost me a significant amount of time and money chasing supposed hardware issues that didn't exist.

Long story short, if you're going KO4, stick with what's already proven. Even with my upgraded wastegate, the APR software has been working just fine with no ill side effects.

Last edited:

Drew8

My resolution was going to APR. Car has been perfect since. No funky CELs, no funky cold start idle, no limp mode, literally all of that went away. It was just a garbage tune, and I think Stratified was just too overwhelmed or not knowledgeable enough on the platform to figure out how to properly tune it. I stuck it out around 4-5 months and many revisions with little to no improvements. Unfortunately they cost me a significant amount of time and money chasing supposed hardware issues that didn't exist.

Long story short, if you're going KO4, stick with what's already proven. Even with my upgraded wastegate, the APR software has been working just fine with no ill side effects.
That's awsome! I wonder what software/tuning changes were made that stratified wasnt able to.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Madhav

Passed Driver's Ed
I am going to bump this thread. I am STILL having issues with limp mode. P1335 is a persistent code.

I have tried tune many revisions and have checked for boost leaks etc.

The car is dangerous to drive as if I give it more than 30% throttle it is like hitting a brick wall. Overtaking on single lane roads is not possible.

3 fixes apart from boost leaks that people mention are:

1: The MAF was facing straight to the sky, IT MUST BE ANGLED TO THE LEFT.
If it was a clock it should be at 10:30.

2: if you unplug the MAF sensor and the car runs better (normal), the sensor needs to be replaced

3: Change tune to a different company.

Anything else? I am ready to take the car back to stock because basically the car is as slow as a Toyota Corolla for the last year.

KFahey

Ready to race!
According to them, they did both. But honestly I have trouble believing anything at this point. It's taken longer cause I'm in the middle of a move. I think I want to take to a different shop.

You sure your v band is leaking? Is HPA replacing it?
I'm sorry you guys have to deal with these issues. I've been dealing with a mystery boost leak with my HPA k04 for 2 years. They finally took the turbo back and did an inspection to find a pin sized hole in the compressor housing right behind the V band clamp assembly. They said it's the only one out of 1000 turbos they've sold. They gave me a brand new turbo and my car has been running great ever since. APR tune btw

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

zef

Drag Racing Champion
I'm sorry you guys have to deal with these issues. I've been dealing with a mystery boost leak with my HPA k04 for 2 years. They finally took the turbo back and did an inspection to find a pin sized hole in the compressor housing right behind the V band clamp assembly. They said it's the only one out of 1000 turbos they've sold. They gave me a brand new turbo and my car has been running great ever since. APR tune btw

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

What were you peaking for boost before versus now?

Last edited:

zef

Drag Racing Champion
I am going to bump this thread. I am STILL having issues with limp mode. P1335 is a persistent code.

I have tried tune many revisions and have checked for boost leaks etc.

The car is dangerous to drive as if I give it more than 30% throttle it is like hitting a brick wall. Overtaking on single lane roads is not possible.

3 fixes apart from boost leaks that people mention are:

1: The MAF was facing straight to the sky, IT MUST BE ANGLED TO THE LEFT.
If it was a clock it should be at 10:30.

2: if you unplug the MAF sensor and the car runs better (normal), the sensor needs to be replaced

3: Change tune to a different company.

Anything else? I am ready to take the car back to stock because basically the car is as slow as a Toyota Corolla for the last year.

Believe me I went through the same nonsense you're going through right now. I replaced the MAF as part of the circus they sent me through and it didn't change a thing.

I had limp mode kick in on an uphill stretch of highway on I-91 S with no shoulder to pull off into and thankfully a tractor trailer behind me saw what was going on and stopped behind me to protect me from getting rear ended. Could've easily died if he wasn't there and someone who wasn't paying attention clipped me. After that I said fuck this and switched literally the next day. Been happy with no issues since.

Last edited:

Madhav

Passed Driver's Ed
I posted on one of the Facebook groups and got a few interesting replies. The forged performance intake is apparently a known culprit. It modifies the placement area of the MAF. Alex at stratified has suggested I remove it and go back to the stock intake. He has set up a tune specific for the OEM intake and believes it will sort the issue.

Djmikeyd

Go Kart Champion
I posted on one of the Facebook groups and got a few interesting replies. The forged performance intake is apparently a known culprit. It modifies the placement area of the MAF. Alex at stratified has suggested I remove it and go back to the stock intake. He has set up a tune specific for the OEM intake and believes it will sort the issue.

Can confirm. I had the issue some time in 2015 and it just returned.

p1335 and P0702.

I run Revo Stage 2 and the Twintake. Pretty sure the main issue is the intake relocating the maf sensor. But then again which intake doesn't to some extent? I messaged Revo to see if maybe they have some solutions but I doubt they'll get back to me with anything meaningful.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
I had an APR stage 1 intake at the time so my MAF was in the stock location and was still having this code. I even tried the different orientations of the MAF with no luck. Hope you have better luck though

Madhav

Passed Driver's Ed
It appears to be sorted. I got the mechanic to systematically check for boost leaks and in his words he said “It held 2 bar for 2 days, it should be all sorted”

I was doubtful however I have been testing it over the last few days in a variety of situations and it seems all fine.