GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No R20 for US :(

JimmyT1

Passed Driver's Ed
just looked on APRs web page and the are offering a US SPce tune for the Golf R that supports the 6 speed and the DSG transmission....but still no confirmation from VoA...

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
just looked on APRs web page and the are offering a US SPce tune for the Golf R that supports the 6 speed and the DSG transmission....but still no confirmation from VoA...
Smart idea on their part to get the ball rolling overseas and then have it for us here in N.A.:w00t:

Wild Hare

Link?

Wild Hare

Found this from Keith at APR:

We are very soon to release our Stage 3 for the S3, ED30, Golf R, TTS, Seat Leon Cupra, etc. and it makes 400bhp on a MAHA as verified in Australia, Spain and the UK.

Our Spainish importer added water/meth injection with no other changes and accomplished 430bhp on the same MAHA.

rickerbr

Ready to race!

The Ringer

Passed Driver's Ed
Still holding out hope...

This is taken from an article posted yesterday about the Scirocco R on Insideline.com:

"Though this turbocharged direct-injection 2.0-liter inline-4 is the EA113 motor and not the just-introduced EA888 engine, VW R&D spokesman Guido Sever says it's best suited to the pumped-up R-type Scirocco. While the newer EA888 family version of the 2.0 TSI can be found for now in a 208-hp Scirocco and the GTI, this EA113 is featured in the 261-hp Audi S3 and the upcoming 267-hp all-wheel-drive Golf R, presumably because it's a little stouter. (The Golf R will most likely be the car that will make its way over to North America and lay to rest all the sentimentality about the V6-powered R32, and we're also told its engine will not be hidden under plastic!)"

Say what you will, I refuse to give up hope on a late 2010 or early 2011 arrival of the Golf R.

-The Ringer

Wild Hare

"I still have my fingers crossed on this one!"

lostgt1

Is it possible to import cars into the US yourself? I know there will be warranty issues etc but at least you have the option to bring the R20 in.

I guess another point to note is the strong Euro / US$ fx rate thats not working in the dollar's favour.

Wild Hare

this thread just doesnt make any sense at all...

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20090917/VIDEONEWS/909179993
Not much of anything makes sense regarding our car.

Although VWOA is still saying that they are "thinking about it."

It surprises me all the misleading information given from somewhat reputable magazines are just the opposite of what VW is saying.

People thinking that it will be named something other than the Golf R -wrong!

Hmmm.

Email or call VWOA with your concerns. The more we complain... the more of a true chance of this great car coming to our shores!

Any and all help in this matter is greatly appreciated by all of us!!!

Thanks