GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Member Car Journals

Old 02-22-2018, 05:20 PM   #15
BringerOdeath
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2011 GTI Candy White
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGti1990 View Post
Any issues with your valve springs and the K04?
No, but I know you can have flutter at high RPMs. Are you having that issue? I know you can order upgraded springs and valves from a few different companies, like integrated engineering.
K04 G.I.A.C. Tuned, Godspeed FMIC V2.0, R8 red Coilpacks, Volant Intake, Fastbits DV+,42 Draft designs DP-high flow cat, Fluidampr, 034 motorsports street engine/tranny mounts, Vibratech Subframe insert, 034 motosports aspherical dogbone, 034 stainless subframe collar kit, IE Africa plate, AWE S3 style Charge /discharge pipes, Koni Coilovers, TSW Donington wheels, Golf R side skirts, TTRS BBK, Dual caliper Cayenne rear BBK
BringerOdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 05:26 PM   #16
DASVDUB
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: Basic GTI, loud exhaust
Which lug conversion kit did you go with?
2dr 2011 Candy White GTI|APR Stage 2|Godspeed catless dp|custom straight pipe catback|Carbonio Stage 1 & 2|Forge Diverter Valve|H&R Super Sports|Koni Orange Struts & Shocks|R8 Coils|NGK BKR7EIX Plugs|Soundaktor delete|20% tint|
DASVDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 05:27 PM   #17
GreyGti1990
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2011 Gti 4-door
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringerOdeath View Post
No, but I know you can have flutter at high RPMs. Are you having that issue? I know you can order upgraded springs and valves from a few different companies, like integrated engineering.
I don't have a K04 just yet lol. But figured I'd ask you since you have the same year car as me. I'm just going to pray for no valve float.
2011 4-door CSG 6-speed GTi - Sigma Six, Boost gauge, AWE TOP/CTS Throttle, APR Carbonio, Revo 2, GFB DV+,SB st3 Daily(485ft lbs), VWR FSB, DG Springs, WALK, Collar Kit, Fluidampr, APR downpipe, 225/45/17 PSS, Sparco Assetto Gara, Stoptech slotted rotors/pads, Uni Intercooler, BFI Knob, USP SS lines, ATE fluid, Beluga Cat-back, LED Tails, New Tensioner.
Soon to Come: Tints, R Bumper, Headlights, Pendulum Mount, Rear sway
GreyGti1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 07:16 PM   #18
BringerOdeath
FIA GT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASVDUB View Post
Where did you get/source your brakes from?
I have a friend who can get me brake caliper pulls and I rebuilt them and powder coated them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASVDUB View Post
Which lug conversion kit did you go with?
I switched out to these:

http://www.urotuning.com/Stud-Conver...erf-14x1.5.htm
K04 G.I.A.C. Tuned, Godspeed FMIC V2.0, R8 red Coilpacks, Volant Intake, Fastbits DV+,42 Draft designs DP-high flow cat, Fluidampr, 034 motorsports street engine/tranny mounts, Vibratech Subframe insert, 034 motosports aspherical dogbone, 034 stainless subframe collar kit, IE Africa plate, AWE S3 style Charge /discharge pipes, Koni Coilovers, TSW Donington wheels, Golf R side skirts, TTRS BBK, Dual caliper Cayenne rear BBK
Old 02-22-2018, 08:49 PM   #19
BringerOdeath
FIA GT Newbie

I got folding mirrors installed on my car this last weekend that I had sitting in storage for six months. I have a bit of an issue where the mirrors fold when on the defrost setting instead of the fold setting, which I am sure is reversed. I already swapped the 14 and 15 pins which corrected the mirrors only adjusting when folded and that every setting except fold would fold the mirrors. I am guessing i may have to swap pins somewhere else..... although the mirrors are adjusting correctly, just the fold and unfold are reversed.....

My GF took a picture of my car this weekend and gave it the HDR treatment:

Old 02-22-2018, 11:08 PM   #20
riceburner
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 GTI DSG / K04
Nice car man! Like the build. We have pretty similar themes... All around badass street car

I wanna see those seats installed! Just finished restitching some black gti leathers I swapped but but want something else like Audi seats or braums
riceburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 08:22 AM   #21
Corradoluvher
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2013 vw gti
Now that's a nice modded Mk6 GTI!! The BBk is legitness
Corradoluvher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:53 AM   #22
Tony48
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI
Great photo! And add me to the list of people anxious to see the TT seats in your car.

Also, hope you get the folding mirrors sorted out. Sounds like you're on the home stretch. Power folding mirrors and mirror dip on reverse are features I really wish our cars came with from the factory in the US! When you upgrade to power folding mirrors do you also get the dip on reverse feature?
Old 02-23-2018, 02:48 PM   #23
BringerOdeath
FIA GT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceburner View Post
Nice car man! Like the build. We have pretty similar themes... All around badass street car

Thanks man! Yeah, my car is my daily driver, but it's also my autocross car, so all these bad ass mods do actually get used for something outside of looks! Do you have a build log?

I wanna see those seats installed! Just finished restitching some black gti leathers I swapped but but want something else like Audi seats or braums
I actually put the mk6 GTI leather seats in my car after I realized that the TT seats, although more aggressive and fancy, were not as comfortable for daily driving. I didn't mid it, but my GF hated them, except the fact that the back was powered as she hates that German car "wheel adjuster" for the seat back. I am thinking I will get some fully powered VW seat frames from the junkyard and transfer the cushions from the mk6 GTI leather seats.....

The TT seats are for sale, If anyone is interested in them and wants to come pick them up for $400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corradoluvher View Post
Now that's a nice modded Mk6 GTI!! The BBk is legitness
Thanks man! How has your car been? Was it the RMS that was leaking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony48 View Post
Great photo! And add me to the list of people anxious to see the TT seats in your car.

Also, hope you get the folding mirrors sorted out. Sounds like you're on the home stretch. Power folding mirrors and mirror dip on reverse are features I really wish our cars came with from the factory in the US! When you upgrade to power folding mirrors do you also get the dip on reverse feature?

I have some pics somewhere of the seats when they were in the car, I will have to upload them.

The power folding mirrors do come with the reverse dip. I have to figure the coding out as it goes wherever it wants and then goes back to some random position when i come out of reverse.

I have an extra Dip mirror motor with the wire harness and the door module for the right side, if you wanted to add "Da dip". When I dip, you dip, we dip! :P

I have been adding every euro spec option back into the car that we have been denied here in the USA. LOL. Quite the task sometimes. I added the rain light sensor with auto dimming mirror(working on getting auto dimming side view mirrors), aspherical mirrors, Auto headlights, pop up reverse camera, led tail lights, folding mirrors with dip and close with key fob, euro cup holder, 115v inverter(normally in jettas), door warning and mirror puddle lights, etc. I want the color 3d MFD as well, but that seam to be hard to find without paying the big bucks for a Euro premium cluster.....
Old 10-30-2018, 02:21 PM   #24
BringerOdeath
FIA GT Newbie

It's been a while since my last build update, but I have a bigger one I am installing this week! KW DDC ECU Coilovers! Also, swapping to the one piece TT/Passat subframe!

Old 11-13-2018, 11:40 AM   #25
Tony48

Did ya get this stuff installed yet?
Quote:
It's been a while since my last build update, but I have a bigger one I am installing this week! KW DDC ECU Coilovers! Also, swapping to the one piece TT/Passat subframe!

Old 11-13-2018, 11:21 PM   #26
BringerOdeath
FIA GT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony48 View Post
Did ya get this stuff installed yet?
I got them installed, but I haven't run the wiring. Ran out of time, sadly, but I will be finishing it this weekend! along with the TT subframe and I have to replace some shot end links too....
Old 11-14-2018, 10:32 AM   #27
Tony48

Quote:
I got them installed, but I haven't run the wiring. Ran out of time, sadly, but I will be finishing it this weekend! along with the TT subframe and I have to replace some shot end links too....
Best of luck! Looking forward to hearing your impressions.
Old 11-14-2018, 08:31 PM   #28
dubbinit2
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: not sure yet...
Still going strong...nice man