GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Passing Inspection With APR K04 V3.1

KFahey

Ready to race!
PASSED INSPECTION

Just an update to everyone...

Went 115 miles on the stock program with the 3 bar map sensor installed, never threw a CEL for the map sensor.

I just avoided boost, actually went into 3-5 pounds of boost intentionally multiple times to see if i would throw a code, nothing.

All of my monitors set within 20-30 miles, except for evap and SAI. SAI just needs a cold start then it readys.

Thank you everyone for the info, let me know if you have any questions for me.

ebuuz

Go Kart Newbie
Kfahey could you link to the specific 02 spacer you used?

Thank you.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
Just an update to everyone...

Went 115 miles on the stock program with the 3 bar map sensor installed, never threw a CEL for the map sensor.

I just avoided boost, actually went into 3-5 pounds of boost intentionally multiple times to see if i would throw a code, nothing.

All of my monitors set within 20-30 miles, except for evap and SAI. SAI just needs a cold start then it readys.

Thank you everyone for the info, let me know if you have any questions for me.

good to know thanks for the followup

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Thanks for that link and the info. I'm going to have to bookmark this thread because since buying my car new, this is the year that I'm finally going to go through inspection (towards the end). I'm definitely going to re-read everything prior to going.

ebuuz

Go Kart Newbie

Spacer installed easily. Turns out I have an exhaust leak after the dp!

So far no CEL on stock k04 tune. I've been WOT all over town though. F23t hits 6-7 psi on stock tune for me (coulda swore it used to be closer to 9-10psi). I also have the 3 bar map sensor. Will report back and VAGCOM my car to check readiness in a few weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KFahey

Ready to race!

Spacer installed easily. Turns out I have an exhaust leak after the dp!

So far no CEL on stock k04 tune. I've been WOT all over town though. F23t hits 6-7 psi on stock tune for me (coulda swore it used to be closer to 9-10psi). I also have the 3 bar map sensor. Will report back and VAGCOM my car to check readiness in a few weeks

Nice! not sure if i'd go WOT with the stock map and 3 bar map sensor. Thought APR posted something about that when this new tune came out, just some advice! Good to know you don't have codes yet.....keep us updated!

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
Nice! not sure if i'd go WOT with the stock map and 3 bar map sensor. Thought APR posted something about that when this new tune came out, just some advice! Good to know you don't have codes yet.....keep us updated!

i don't remember seeing anything about not going WOT in stock mode. Where did you see that and can you find it again?

What could happen it allows a little more boost than the stock program? it would still be like a 3rd of the boost of the 93 program right?

KFahey

Ready to race!
i don't remember seeing anything about not going WOT in stock mode. Where did you see that and can you find it again?

What could happen it allows a little more boost than the stock program? it would still be like a 3rd of the boost of the 93 program right?
It's buried in the 3.1 thread on here......I just wouldn't to be on the safe side no need too. It's a different turbo and a different map sensor

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ebuuz

Go Kart Newbie
Got a CEL last night w/ CTS turbo downpipe with 200 cell cat. Middle jet vibrant spacer on 3rd 02 sensor. Plenty of WOT (I've tracked the car on multiple occasions on stock mode with 3 bar sensor with no problems).

I tried rotating the spacer so the angle points towards the front of the car, as well as switching out to the smallest jet.. (maybe it'll require the biggest jet?) Trial and error will tell. I was reading on mk5 forums and some guys with CBFA and k04 had to have a mix of spacers/non-foulers and both the pre and post cat sensors to get it to eventually work.

Also lots of good info in this thread: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33907

KFahey

Ready to race!
I can tell you going WOT will give you a higher risk for throwing a CEL. Gives the sensor a ton more exhaust to sniff....just drive it easy. All you need is your monitors to set then pass inspection

ebuuz

Go Kart Newbie
I can tell you going WOT will give you a higher risk for throwing a CEL. Gives the sensor a ton more exhaust to sniff....just drive it easy. All you need is your monitors to set then pass inspection

Ah yes. Thank you for the advice. It's just hard to baby the car when my daily is a beater Camry. When I drive the gti on the weekend I want to tear it up! Still got CEL on smallest jet with plenty of WOT.

Will have to keep the car out of boost and report back in a couple weeks.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Got a CEL last night w/ CTS turbo downpipe with 200 cell cat. Middle jet vibrant spacer on 3rd 02 sensor. Plenty of WOT (I've tracked the car on multiple occasions on stock mode with 3 bar sensor with no problems).

I tried rotating the spacer so the angle points towards the front of the car, as well as switching out to the smallest jet.. (maybe it'll require the biggest jet?) Trial and error will tell. I was reading on mk5 forums and some guys with CBFA and k04 had to have a mix of spacers/non-foulers and both the pre and post cat sensors to get it to eventually work.

Also lots of good info in this thread: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33907

My RAI spacer with the middle jet after the cat (3rd O2 sensor location) would not allow me to set readiness. Eventually, we tried adding a 2 - 2.5" straight spacer before the cat (2nd location) and it worked like a charm.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
My RAI spacer with the middle jet after the cat (3rd O2 sensor location) would not allow me to set readiness. Eventually, we tried adding a 2 - 2.5" straight spacer before the cat (2nd location) and it worked like a charm.

ive also always needed two spacers on my cbfa. one never works for me but there are always guys that will say otherwise

KFahey

Ready to race!
Like me? Lol, i may have just gotten lucky with 1 spacer on a CBFA!