GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any Track Rats Still Active?

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
I daily them, they are great at the track..id skip the 8s and go straight for 10s.

XP10s are loud, so if you dont like getting looks then id swap them out for daily driving. And when i say loud i mean its obnoxious enough to where i dont go through drive thrus cause feel bad for employee on headset :laugh:

Have been great at 3 different tracks, they are incredibly better than stoptech street pads but brace yourself when you see price. I think xp10 fronts are $190 give or take.

Xp10s have no brake sensor plug in btw

I'm ok with price if it means I can stop. :laugh:
I was looking at the XP8 as a possible street / track pad, but there's not much cost difference to upgrade to an XP10, so I may go that route. I have a spare set of rotors, guess I'll just swap them with pads.

Did you code off the brake sensor light?

Last edited:

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I had good experience with xp10. I run xp12 in front and xp10 in rear now. I do have a bbk in front though so I'm not sure it's relevant to this conversation. Good pads though, I just leave em on for the street as well. Boosted is exaggerating at how loud they are, they squeek like any track pad would but you aren't going to offend people or anything.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
They are obnoxiously loud , i can send you a video if you like. Dasvdub also has these pads maybe ask him.

Jay has a big brake kit so his brake bias is different, could be reason for sound difference.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Agreed on NVH being subjective, hpa puck is not that bad imo

Definitely shakier for DSG cars and during break in process.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I’ve had 3 people tell me on the roads I need new brakes. XP10 up front. So loud lol. They work great tho!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
All subjective. It's like NVH, I'm not that sensitive to it while others out there say something as mild and tame as an HPA puck ruins their car with vibrations.

Is subjective. They’re so loud tho lol

nomorehonda

Passed Driver's Ed
not bad, any chance youll be doing the blackhawk farms night event? not TOO far from indiana

getting back into track days after a long layoff after moving to Indiana from NC, Gingerman seemed to be the closest to me! How is Gingerman on brakes? I really miss living 45 mins fom VIR!

nomorehonda

Passed Driver's Ed
O wow. yeah laguna is the dream track. should plan road trip next year. i'd be game haha

Better yet because its closer, try Road Atlanta. The drop down the hill from turn 11 to 12 is a crazy fun, it's taken flat much like hog pen at VIR.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Better yet because its closer, try Road Atlanta. The drop down the hill from turn 11 to 12 is a crazy fun, it's taken flat much like hog pen at VIR.

Road atlanta is another dream track to go to!! mouth watering. I've played it so many times on video games haha.

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
I’ve had 3 people tell me on the roads I need new brakes. XP10 up front. So loud lol. They work great tho!!

Do they quiet down after rebedding them?

If they turn out to be too annoying on the street, I'll just switch back to Stoptech Pads with my spare rotors for street use.

I already flush brake fluid, relube slide pins, and inspect pads/rotors before each trackday. It's not that much more work to swap pads/rotors too I guess. :eek:

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Do they quiet down after rebedding them?

If they turn out to be too annoying on the street, I'll just switch back to Stoptech Pads with my spare rotors for street use.

I already flush brake fluid, relube slide pins, and inspect pads/rotors before each trackday. It's not that much more work to swap pads/rotors too I guess. :eek:

They are quiet ONLY at the track after a hot session. Take my word and others for that haha. they quiet down when they're warm again.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
getting back into track days after a long layoff after moving to Indiana from NC, Gingerman seemed to be the closest to me! How is Gingerman on brakes? I really miss living 45 mins fom VIR!
id say gingerman is medium/hard on brakes...the back straight and the front straight are right after each other.

can easily crank 120 over the back straight down to a slow right hand, back into another straight away..thats where a lot of the heat is imo...throughout the center of the track you get some time where your brakes will air cool but then those straights again lol

Need opinion. Cryotreated rotors or non? They make a difference? Need rotors next season.

personally id say nah...most people ive talked to seem to go for non slotted not drilled blanks blanks.

centric is stoptech btw, not everyone knows that :thumbsup: