GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011 2 door DSG w/Sunroof - $200 under.

SteveMD

Ready to race!
Just picked up a Carbon 2 door DSG w/Sunroof and mats for $26232 which is $200 under invoice.

I'm in MD and the car is a 2011. So there are deals to be made. Make sure you shop competing dealerships and try and go through the internet sales person.

Loving it!

plat

Ready to race!
Just picked up a Carbon 2 door DSG w/Sunroof and mats for $26232 which is $200 under invoice.

I'm in MD and the car is a 2011. So there are deals to be made. Make sure you shop competing dealerships and try and go through the internet sales person.

Loving it!

Congratulations on your new GTI! And, welcome to the forum! I think you got a great deal on your GTI. Wow, below invoice!

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Very nice! Have fun with your new GTI :)

wildcars

Ready to race!
Post some pics up, more interior...

Have you seen a 2010, what's the most noticable difference??

Skitals

Ready to race!
Congrats!

Tonight I just bought a 2011 GTI, CW, DSG w/ Sunroof + mat kit for... $25,520! I'm in northern Virginia.

I definitely was shopping around the entire VA/DC/MD area. Got quotes from a bunch of places. Got my local dealer to beat my best quote... and then I got even more off before closing.

I don't know how they were able to do that price... from everything I've read it's below dealer cost. Sticker price was $27,545. So I got over $2k off MSRP.

I was pretty torn between the 11 GTI and 11 WRX. DSG is what sold me... especially with the traffic around here. WRX sure was fun to drive though. GTI still has a LOT more power than I'm used to. It's no supercar but I think it sure is a great package.

P

plac

I don't know how they were able to do that price... from everything I've read it's below dealer cost. Sticker price was $27,545. So I got over $2k off MSRP.

of course its not below cost. i got my 2010 for $2990 off sticker.. but $2000 off MSRP is killer any way you look at it.

Skitals

Ready to race!
of course its not below cost. i got my 2010 for $2990 off sticker.. but $2000 off MSRP is killer any way you look at it.

I was going off Automobile mags "TRUECAR Price Report." They have the 2door dsg w/ sunroof as:

Sticker: 27,545
Invoice: 26,869
Average Paid: 26,455
Dealer Cost: 26,073

So according to them, most pay between invoice and "dealer cost." Their dealer cost isn't absolute, but an estimate based on invoice minus factory hold-back, customer and dealer incentives. I've read elsewhere that hold-back on the 2011 is around $800, which is exactly in line with the above.

And again... I paid $25,520, which is $1,349 under invoice.

I don't think they are LOSING money, but they sure cant be making a whole lot :D I didn't even finance with them.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Dealer holdback is 2%.

is that the "rule"? lol..

it will move as much as someone gets it to move.

there are no rules in car bidness... lol

so many factors: trade? abundancy? End of month quota fulfillment stipend? The list goes on and on...

With the 2011s being pre-packaged the way they are today... the gap b/w invoice and msrp has shrunk.

At least thats what others and myself have inferred.