GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011 GTI BUY/LEASE ADVICE

VEGASVWGTI

Ready to race!
Sorry to start another thread on these questions but could use some feedback from the collective experiences of the group.

Currently leasing a 08' Quad MKV with a 18's/Sunroof/DSG and HID's. Sticker 26850. Hard to negotiate too much when they have to get the car you want from another state. Well after all the carnage this is shakedown roughly 27100 including all taxes and dealer fees + getting from another state obviously. 377/mo incl sales tax. $1500 down 2 payments made by the dealer (yeah right) .00177 money factor. Just over 4% I guess 39 mo term/15K a year.

Obviously nothing to write home about but I was very specific about what I wanted from color to trim ect so after walking twice and not getting a return call the second time I settled with this.

Right now I am in negotiations with 4 months left on my lease and they are considering buying the car back for the total payoff quote as it is in pristine condition and within the mileage limits.

This time I want a BLK 2DR MAN w/ sunroof. That is all I care about. The HID's seem to be a lost cause unless you buy a loaded one. Way too hot here for leather. I am trying to be flexible with what I want to take advantage of national lease offers and such but do not want to pay too much and want a better deal then I got last time. What is reasonable to push for here. They have exactly one that meets my needs.

I am concerned that there is a better way to do this. I am pissed that the 2011 is more expensive and they seem to be in limited quantities with only two dealerships within 250 miles.

Lease/Buy? Not sure what to do. Love to lease as it works for me but want to get the best deal. I will buy and trade too later if necessary. There is not a 2010 left in the entire valley. So much for moving old inventory :mad:

Should I wait until my turn in date at the end of April? Am I jumping the gun? Decisions/Decisions. And no I will not keep the MKV though it is by far the best car I have ever owned. They have been heavily encouraging me to buy it obviously.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Red2011GTI

Go Kart Champion
See what they will sell it to you for. Sometimes they'll give it to you for less then you can sell it for. If not turn it in.

If you like a new car every few years lease it. If you want to keep it longer buy it. if you buy it based on the 27100 OTD price and on a 5 year loan figure a payment of about $500 to $550 depending on the interest rate you get plus you will be upside down on the loan for the first 3 or more years because it will depreciate faster then you are paying it off.

Good luck.