GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2012 GTi has arrived

Grexx

Well not for a couple of days. My wife got an email from our sales rep that our special order GTi will be arriving on Wednesday. She ask him to take a couple of snap shots for us. I will post pics soon.:happyanim:

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Oooh...!

Lover's spat!

noname1

Ready to race!
March 26th the order was placed, it arrived in Canada June 9th and been patiently waiting ever since.
My birthday is next week so its going to be a great present to myself - and one of the most expensive, lol.

Cloudlink041

Ready to race!
Come on USA shipments!

f00kie1

Go Kart Champion
March 26th the order was placed, it arrived in Canada June 9th and been patiently waiting ever since.
My birthday is next week so its going to be a great present to myself - and one of the most expensive, lol.

I assume they shipped via rail from Halifax? Any idea when it got to Toronto?

noname1

Ready to race!
Yeah, shipped out of Halifax. I assume it loaded June 30th +/- a day or so, and my dealer will have July 12 or 13th - I know from past experience shipping a car via rail from Calgary to Toronto it's about 10 days, so Halifax to Calgary would add a few more days on there.
I saw your thread on red flag deals about the pricing, I can add to that by saying the 4 door, 6spd transmission is 30,375.

Oh, and to add: will be buying the golf r led tails this weekend and dropping them off at my dealer so they can be installed when I pick it up.

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, shipped out of Halifax. I assume it loaded June 30th +/- a day or so, and my dealer will have July 12 or 13th - I know from past experience shipping a car via rail from Calgary to Toronto it's about 10 days, so Halifax to Calgary would add a few more days on there.
I saw your thread on red flag deals about the pricing, I can add to that by saying the 4 door, 6spd transmission is 30,375.

Oh, and to add: will be buying the golf r led tails this weekend and dropping them off at my dealer so they can be installed when I pick it up.

You talk to them about the lights? When you install them they give you bulb out warnings....you'll have to get them to VAGCOM it to remove the errors.. I'd give them a heads up so you don't end up waiting longer as they try to figure it out.

f00kie1

Go Kart Champion

Thanks for the info. Wow, took a long time from dock dropoff to rail shipment; hope they've sped that process for the 2012s up now.

noname1

Ready to race!
The long delay was them waiting to sell as many 2011's and for VW Canada to release them. I don't think you'd have to wait that long to get yours. Maybe a week at port and then rail time.

Yeah the dealer is aware of the bulb out issue. They have no problem doing the install as long as they are OEM and we'll be buying the Euro OEM so should be good. If they don't fix it, the place in town where I am buying will be able to fix the bulb out issue (for a price)

ChillGoose

Congrats on the new purchase.
I was at the dealer today buying my 2011 Golf and was amazed how many GTI's were on the lot... unfortunately all 2011's and all DSG

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
Went to visit my baby today!! First one on the lot, and first 2012 sale in the area. I'll post a couple of pics as soon as i have a chance to get them off my phone. Going in tomorrow to finalize the deal, then probably another day or two until i pick 'er up...

:happyanim: :thumbup: :thumbsup: :wub: :happyanim:

only pic that came out in focus, will get more pics tomorrow... .. .

Last edited: