GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mk6 tsi 122 vs mk 2.8 v6 4motion.

TSI688

Ready to race!
So I know some of you might think that this is a bit far fetched but I wouldn't bother writing about this if it weren't true.

About 5 months ago I've had received my mk6 CW Golf with a TSi turbo only engine. Whilst breaking it in I had followed a programme my friend had given me which loosens up the engine thus gaining more power from it.

Today I was cruising around and at a point in time there was this golf that tried entering the roundabout but since i was going round I couldn't let him pass. This Golf looked entirely standard. All it had were 18 inch mk r32 rims. Replica rims are common were I live.

Suddenly I hear a car revving up behind me and that's were the race started. i started speeding up and started losing the guy but not more than by a couple of meters. there I've noticed that the car wasn't a simple 1.4 petrol.

We were always close to each other and when we got to a long empty road this a car only passed me by the length of two cars at most but never more. When we stopped at traffic lights I always had a better start than him, and when I was around third gear he would pass me.

After all of this we stopped at a petrol station and got talking. I asked him what engine his car had and he told me that it ran the 2.8 v6 and was 4motion too.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I knew that it has 204bhp. I expected a car of that power to lose my sight instantly.

When I told him that my car ran the 1.4 turbo only engine he really wasn't happy. He thought that at the speed I was going my car at least would have had the twin-charged engine. I can assure you that the guy really wasn't happy with his car after our little street race. HAHA.

His car was identical to this one.

This is my car :D

Last edited:

TSI688

Ready to race!
lol nothin special. Just certain amount of revs he thought me at certain speeds that might have helped. At most would have made a small difference.

Luke-Tsi

i have 122 tsi and i keep up with cars well out of our league lol i love winning races and telling people what it is after