GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs WRX

1flymk6gti

Go Kart Champion
Full bolt on GIAC stage 2 (No aftermarket front mount) vs Stock 2002 WRX? Both manual. who do you think would win?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
GTI... 02 WRX is tired...

trd420

Go Kart Champion
thats a funny one...if it were an 05+ sti i could see you asking that question....a full bolt on 02 wrx would have a tough time hanging with a stock gti

A full bolt on 02 wrx would smoke a stock gti. a stage 1 gti would be even. and a stage 2 gti would pull. a full bolt on wrx is intake TBE tune......

Uberryan

Banned
A full bolt on 02 wrx would smoke a stock gti. a stage 1 gti would be even. and a stage 2 gti would pull. a full bolt on wrx is intake TBE tune......

a tune is not a bolt on.

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
my buddy had a stage 2 bugeye WRX..intake, tbe, up-pipe... i had a video somewhere, but when i was stock he only pulled on my like 2-3 cars.

if i find it ill be sure to post it up

PS should mention it was a pull on the highway.

Last edited:

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion

i was exaggerating...power wise full bolt on bugeyes are around 230-250whp/tq with is pretty close to stage 1....they are actually my favorite body style for a wrx, but definitely not fast

Uberryan

Banned
with those cars, the tune is required with bolt ons, so its pretty much given that a WRX or STI with bolts on has some sort of tune on it

It's suggested, but not required. The person I quoted was describing a stage, in this case, stage 2 with full bolt on. A Tune is still not what I'd consider a bolt on.

A downpipe on our motors would suggest you are stage 2. Some run the pipe without a tune at all, which in all seriousness boggles my mind, but it's definitely capable of running without a tune.

ImAuthenticFTW

Go Kart Champion
It's suggested, but not required. The person I quoted was describing a stage, in this case, stage 2 with full bolt on. A Tune is still not what I'd consider a bolt on.

A downpipe on our motors would suggest you are stage 2. Some run the pipe without a tune at all, which in all seriousness boggles my mind, but it's definitely capable of running without a tune.

Not with the subie crew, tunning bolt ons screws with the stock tune enough to cause MAJOR issues sometimes. from funky MAF readings causing the car to run WAY lean, to DPs causing major boost creep if not controlled