GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

$38,000?!?!

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Saw a four-door black MK7 Autobahn GTI at my dealer (VW of Santa Monica) yesterday for $32K.

My dealers salesman told me $32K for the Autobahn as well.
That was just in straight up casual conversation.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
I feel like that almost had to be a joke. $38,000 is overkill for it being rare.

That's more than ridiculous.. The Autobahn I drove at my dealer had a sticker of $32,480 I think it was. Most don't pay the MSRP.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I believe she said they have two S or SE models, can't remember for sure. End of the week though they'll have 10 more, so I'm sure they'll have at least one of each trim. Nothing in auto right now though until they get the 10 in later this week, all manual trans.

Chaplins has an SE and an Autobahn as well, Autobahn is auto, SE is manual. I think I saw auburn has two S models as well.

Thanks, I'll have to go and take one for a spin once I'm back in town.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
They're listed at $28-30k depending on trim level here in Seattle. Just talked to one dealership, she said they have 2 right now, and are getting in 10 at the end of the week. Rare my ass.

This big time. Its a MASS produced car. Period. They are selling well here and the dealers are discounting as well. My friend has a new Mk7 from my German dealer for 26,700euro out the door. Nav etc etc. Manual gearbox - 1.9% and he pays 290euro per month. The 'hysteria' here is more Mk 6 vs Mk 7 useless bashing.

If you have half a brain you can see beyond the initial price shock. In another month you can make a good deal without question.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Wait 'till December, then Sign & Drive! :thumbsup:

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
HAHA, Be the first to own this super rare MK7 GTI for only, $38,000! Then, come January of next year when you still owe $36,000 on the car, they will be selling (autobahn) at full price with taxes included for $30k, rofl.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
add-ons?

I feel like that almost had to be a joke. $38,000 is overkill for it being rare.

I'm sure the car had tons of ridiculous overpriced add ons. My favorite dealer here in KC has an Autobahn DSG model that they are doing the same thing with while the other three mk7 GTI are priced normally. It's not a rare car when a dealer already has 4 or more of them :happyanim: Dealers are always looking for suckers who have no clue about buying a car.