GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
I'm for whatever party gets rid of the NFA so we can all have machineguns again :iono:

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
^

BAN AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS, NOT AUTOMATIC GUNS

I’m pro transmission choice.

But I also reserve the right to make fun of those who choose an automatic when a manual was available and they aren’t saddled with some kind of disability that makes man pedal usage impossible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Can we talk about what if Bernie Sanders was the running mate against trump instead of hillary or is that gonna trigger some arguments here? I think he maybe wouldve won with the correct backing from his political mates.

I love Bernie and I definitely lean more towards progressives than anything else right now. I just want to see more honest politicians that are making laws for the people and not the lobbyists and the corporations, someone that'll help stick up for the little guy. Healthcare for all. Tax the shit out of the rich and make them keep their money in the US. Legalize weed. Increase public education funding. Upgrade our infrastructure. It just feels like we're falling behind as other countries are doing a lot of these things better. Norway I think is a good example for how we could improve our cops and jails. Their cops know how to defuse a situation and their jails are built to rehabilitate people. We're not looking at problems and trying to fix them anymore is what I'm trying to say I guess. Net neutrality never should have been taken away and things like that makes it feel like we're moving backwards. All of the regulations that Trump has removed, and the things Scott Pruit has done with the EPA...I just can't agree with it. Global warming or not we should be trying to protect the earth as much as we can and we should be making the push into clean energy and away from fossil fuels. Asbestos? Wtf? Maybe I'm naive...but I don't want to be that cynical.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
^

BAN AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS, NOT AUTOMATIC GUNS

10/10 would support

Drove my car to work today for the first time in like 2 weeks. It's always awesome to come back to a manual trans after some time driving an auto.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
I love Bernie and I definitely lean more towards progressives than anything else right now. I just want to see more honest politicians that are making laws for the people and not the lobbyists and the corporations, someone that'll help stick up for the little guy. Healthcare for all. Tax the shit out of the rich and make them keep their money in the US. Legalize weed. Increase public education funding. Upgrade our infrastructure. It just feels like we're falling behind as other countries are doing a lot of these things better. Norway I think is a good example for how we could improve our cops and jails. Their cops know how to defuse a situation and their jails are built to rehabilitate people. We're not looking at problems and trying to fix them anymore is what I'm trying to say I guess. Net neutrality never should have been taken away and things like that makes it feel like we're moving backwards. All of the regulations that Trump has removed, and the things Scott Pruit has done with the EPA...I just can't agree with it. Global warming or not we should be trying to protect the earth as much as we can and we should be making the push into clean energy and away from fossil fuels. Asbestos? Wtf? Maybe I'm naive...but I don't want to be that cynical.

Sterkrazzy 2020

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
ChiChat17: Pork Meat Sweats; Moving To Bufu; CAD; Tbh

I just want to see more honest politicians that are making laws for the people and not the lobbyists and the corporations, someone that'll help stick up for the little guy.

I can get behind this. I'm not sure what true public benefit lobbying really has.

Healthcare for all. Tax the shit out of the rich and make them keep their money in the US.

Careful there, Junior.

"The rich" is subjective.

Keep in mind someone like, say, my own mother, would consider YOU "rich". You have a computer or smartphone, and one of those fancy German cars. She'd be all for voting to take more of YOUR money.

I'll leave this here for you: https://youtu.be/661pi6K-8WQ?t=58s

Realize you can always pay more in taxes, voluntarily. Simply write a negative number at the bottom of your tax return, and include a check. The IRS will cash it, no questions asked. Lead by example.

"Make them" keep their money in the US.... ever hear the term, "Going Galt"?

As for Healthcare - no one has the right to anyone's labor. You don't have the right to my labor as a software engineer. I don't have the right to your labor as a.... whatever you do. Neither of us have a right to a doctor's labor. No matter how noble.

But, again, feel free to lead by example. Since "free government healthcare" comes out of everyone's pocket who pays taxes... including you, assuming you work and pay them... you can start by walking into any hospital and offer to pay someone's bill. You'll find a taker. Be the person you want society to become. Otherwise you're just another "someone ELSE should do it" person.

Legalize weed. Increase public education funding.

I can get behind legalizing weed. Frankly I could get behind legalizing coke, heroin, all of it. If somebody wants to destroy themselves with drugs... have at it. So long as they don't hurt someone else, and as long as I'm not stuck with the bill when they harm themselves.

Public education needs an overhaul.

Maybe I'm naive...

You'll get there. [emoji4]

There’s a reason most folks tend to start to slide to the right as they age...

Last edited:

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
I don't think Bernie would have won. Trump probably would have gotten more votes than he did against Hilary.

Status
Not open for further replies.