GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best head unit for mk6 gti ed35?

jack.tattooist

My car came as standard with what I think is the 1K0035186AA (from what I can find on eBay) any recommendations on what may be the best possible upgrade? I do want something with Nav and Bluetooth capabilities

Thanks in advance [emoji2938]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
There are definately a few very good options out there - Eanon, to name one. I think ECS sells a different brand/similar concept. Essentially a bluetooth tablet that can run apps, run off your phones hotspot. You can run the throttle app with an obdii adapter, youtube, etc.

I definitely missed out with my eanon; it didn't work out of the box, and after a year of emails, i got nowhere with a replacement or refund. But many others had great experiences. Go figure, lol.

torga

Autocross Champion
A lot of people here (myself included) are big fans of the RCD330+ upgrade. It's an OEM VW head unit that supports Apple Car Play and/or Android Auto. It also has great basic Bluetooth capabilities and it is plug & play with our cars - even works with the MFSW buttons seamlessly.

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
If you're concerned about OEM appearance you will have to make some sacrifices, just about any aftermarket head unit will give you better features, and better sound quality, but you lose the OEM aesthetic. If you want to go aftermarket, Kenwood and Pioneer have some great head units, Kenwoods play a little bit better than the Pioneers with regard to integration (specifically the navigation), but both will integrate well using the idatalink maestro.

Really anything is better than the one you have though, it distorts badly from one click to the next on the volume knob (I can't remember exactly where without checking). If your goals are high level of sound quality, go aftermarket, but you just want to improve what you have and keep on OEM look, then there are a couple of plug and play OEM replacements that you can choose from.

Last edited:

YellowC4S

Ready to race!
Alpine i902D-G6, Alpine INE-W977HD or Alpine X208u