GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RCD 510 AE VS RCD 330

DD-Unrated

Hello everyone,

I currently have the RCD 510 in 2012 model. I've upgraded my front speakers and it definitely improved the sound from the old stock pair. I use AUX to play music as bluetooth runs in mono. Would getting the RCD 330 help with sound quality? Please let me know.

Thank you!

flight1us

Ready to race!
Buy a good line converter and amp thats the best way for clearer audio

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
Buy a good line converter and amp thats the best way for clearer audio

An LOC will not do anything to the processing that the head unit is doing. If you want to improve the sound you will need to turn off all of the processing. I've seen that this is possible for the RCD 510 using vagcom, and I have a question under the 330 thread asking if it's possible for that head unit.

If you really want to make a noticeable improvement you need an aftermarket stereo with some tuning features, or a clean, flat signal being sent to a DSP. I highly doubt swapping from one cheap OEM head unit (510) to another cheap head unit (330) will make much difference at all.

A line out converter won't be useful for improving the quality. All a LOC does is convert speaker level outputs to RCA level, and many amps accept speaker level inputs anyway.

flight1us

Ready to race!
An LOC will not do anything to the processing that the head unit is doing. If you want to improve the sound you will need to turn off all of the processing. I've seen that this is possible for the RCD 510 using vagcom, and I have a question under the 330 thread asking if it's possible for that head unit.

If you really want to make a noticeable improvement you need an aftermarket stereo with some tuning features, or a clean, flat signal being sent to a DSP. I highly doubt swapping from one cheap OEM head unit (510) to another cheap head unit (330) will make much difference at all.

A line out converter won't be useful for improving the quality. All a LOC does is convert speaker level outputs to RCA level, and many amps accept speaker level inputs anyway.

:thumbsup: ive learned something